Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

raw last night

• 24-01-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

any one watch the main event???? what did ye think???? more of a "this is a final goodbye" ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

***Spoiler, Don't read on if you haven’t seen Raw****

I presume you mean Flair, in which case I’d just say it was a case of "This is my hometown, let's make the most of it".
    Interesting to see WWE avoiding another Cena assault from the crowd by teaming him with the Hometown Boy.
    On a few side notes about the show, I have to say HHH's promo was very good, say what you want about the guy (And I have, but he is becoming the best heel of all time, even if it is because he’s being given all the time, space and resources in the world to do so).
    And I’m not sure about this Spirit Squad, nothing against any of the wrestlers because I know little about them but the gimmick is another cringer (A least with the Mean Street Posse there's was only three of them)
    Incidentally, here's some info on the SS members...

Ken Doane - Doane is only 19 or 20 years of age and has feuded with Brent Albright and CM Punk for the OVW TV title and is said to be good on the mic. One industry source compared Doane to Randy Orton.

Johnny Jeter - Explained as a “focal point” in Ohio Valley Wrestling throughout the last several months. His most notable feud came with former Tough Enough winner Matt Cappotelli over the OVW title.

Nick Nemeth - Formerly Kerwin White’s caddy on RAW.

Mike Mondo - Developmental talent from the New York area.

Nick Mitchell - Mitchell was a competitor in last year’s Million Dollar Tough Enough competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

the cena and edge thing at the start of RAW sounds priceless! in the words of ol' hacksaw "HOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Re Sprit Squad, while it looks goofy and cringey is an excellent platform for any of these 5 guys to show their worth and see can they break out of this and go on to become a decent tag team/singles star. WWE are very high on Jeter and Mondo especially, the former being OVW World Champion up to recently (might still be, Im not sure).

One thing is certain, they will act as heels. I look forward to seeing their progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

yea i mean flair. alright it was his home town. but i dont know.

also the spirit squad???? :eek: wrestlers????:confused: thank god for sky+ cause i couldnt watch the coach vs the king match at all.... especially when the spirit squad came out.... horrible and cringe worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm glad to see Ken Doane in the Spirit Squad, I've heard so many good things about his matches, i hope we get to see him in a match soon!

I also heard that some guys in OVW turned the chance to be in the Spirit Squad because he they thought it was a stupid gimmick and wouldn't get them anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't think Doane or Jeter need a gimmick like this. Doane had been rumoured to be going into a feud with Kane until recently. I think it's a nice gimmick for now! And at least I know two of the guys can wrestle, so it shouldn't be too horrible to look at. I'm willing to give it a hot anyway, I can see it getting some laughs

Flair will be around for a few more years. What else would he do otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I dunno if i like the idea of five blokes just being brought on to tv at the same time, especially if they all have the same gimmick and are identical in attire. How they'll conduct this will be interesting as in how they'll all wrestle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, it automatically brings at least two tag teams into the division. Hopefully they do something with it. At least it's new though

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

They always give flair huge props when he comes to his hometown. Remember a few years ago he went against HHH and seriously looked like beating him for the title. If i remember correctly, once the show ended HHH handed Flair the title which the crowd went mental for.

As an aside, I actually like the STFU. Finally showing the impressive mean side to cena he had when he came back from injury from brock lesner

Advertisement