Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sign in Dublin Record Store!

• 24-01-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Found over the record boxes. Goes as follows (some of you might already know this):

HEY PEOPLE WE ONLY ALLOW PEOPLE TO LISTEN TO FIVE RECORDS FULL STOP.! IF WE GET TO KNOW YOU COOL BUT UNTIL THEN YOU GOT BETTER THINGS TO BE DOING THAN LISTENING 20 RECORDS! P.S. IF YOUR FIRST THOUGH WAS! BUT IM A DJ THEN
    A. YOU MUSN'T BE ANY GOOD IF YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO 20 RECORDS.
    B. BUY A MUSIC MAGAZINE AND READ IT
    C. CALL A DOCTOR YOURE DEAF OR DEAD
    D. THIS IS A RECORD SHOP NOT A YOUTH CLUB
    E. SO WHAT!
    YOU MUST HANDLE RECORDS CORRECTLY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE IT BUT SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT WANT IT WITHOUT YOUR FINGERPRINTS AND DNA ON IT!

Personally this is the sort of pretension I just love to hate but what do you all make of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

proper order imo!

which music shop was it?

nothing worse than having to queue up for fecking ages on a busy saturday afternoon when people are taking ages and ages to listen to an armful of records...

and its clearly aimed at heads who wander in with no real intention to buy anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

I agree with them restricting customers to 5 records, there's no problem there. It's the overtly rude tone used that I can't get over. They could just as easily have said something like, "Customers wishing to use the turntables are restricted to 5 records max during peak times to reduce waiting times" and show some trace of appreciation.

I'm trying to think of another business which deals with the public that is so openly dis-respectful to their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

wayfarer wrote:
    I agree with them restricting customers to 5 records, there's no problem there. It's the overtly rude tone used that I can't get over. They could just as easily have said something like, "Customers wishing to use the turntables are restricted to 5 records max during peak times to reduce waiting times" and show some trace of appreciation.

I'm trying to think of another business which deals with the public that is so openly dis-respectful to their customers.

It's meant to be humorous but still get the message across just like "PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR CREDIT AS A SMACK IN THE MOUTH OFTEN OFFENDS" which appears in nearly every filling station and small shop. :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Its the sort of wankery that rightly closes records stores down. Tits.

Advertisement