Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting new vodafone mobile tomorrow...any suggestions?

• 24-01-2006 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hi lads/lassies. Ive had the same mobile since June 2003 and I really need a new phone. The battery is on its last legs and the keys are fecked...I want a good phone with maybe the bells and whistles on it(mp3, camera etc) Ive always been a Nokia man and want to keep it that way. Any suggestions on what phone to get, maybe around the 100euro mark. By the way, is it cheaper to upgrade or just buy the new phone and throw that sim away? cos I want to keep my current number. Thanls!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I think you should get a w800i if you can afford it , details can be found here
    I think its a touch of class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

I was looking at the Vodafone site and your best bet for a Nokia with you r 100quid is either the 6020 or 6101 EDIT sorry they are bill pay prices. Ah well theres always the 3220 ;)

Sarge ^^ he said 100 quid and a Nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I have a suggestion: don't go Vodafone. They're the most expensive network going at the moment. If you switch to Meteor you can still keep you old number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

liamskater wrote:

Sarge ^^ he said 100 quid and a Nokia

Oh yeah just noticed that :) well dont go for a nokia there is beter phones out there for your money , go for the k700i then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Great, thanks lads...I'll do my shopping so!:)

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote:
    I think you should get a w800i if you can afford it , details can be found here
    I think its a touch of class.

Isnt the same phone going for 99euro with meteor at the moment at xtravision to coincide with the meteor music awards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Rockee wrote:
    Isnt the same phone going for 99euro with meteor at the moment at xtravision to coincide with the meteor music awards?

i sincerely hope not since its 349 on meteor payg.

the 6101 is 50 euro less on meteor than vodafone. id recommend the k700i. its the best phone under 200. that or the sagem myx6-2 if you can find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Rockee wrote:

On bill its €99.

Talk 60 €169
    Talk 200 €169
    Talk 400 €99
    Talk 600 €99
    Talk 800 €99
    Talk 1000 €99

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i second the w800i, tis the best bag for your buck at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Is anybody having problems receiving and making calls with the w800 on meteor. For the last while calls sometimes don't come thru even though there is full coverage and I don't get notified until I go to make a call. This happens randonly and with different numbers from different networks. The calls get diverted to message minder. It also takes me a view attempts to connect with my message minder or other numbers. I get a disconnect tone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

that happens with any phone on meteor at times, yes ive a w800 and it has happened, just recieving tho, but it happened to my other phones too

Howdy, well I bought a sony ericsson 600i. How the hell can i put video clips and music on the thing?:confused:

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Haven't used one before myself, but I presume it's the same as the k750i, as in, you plug the usb cable (or SD card) into your PC... it shows up as a new device, open the relevent folder and drag and drop you files!

Other than that, refer to the manual I guess!?:D

Advertisement