Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance Co. offer to help me sell my car

Options
  • 24-01-2006 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

I have a car for sale,i have it advertised in a few different places most with my phone number attached

Today i got a call from an English finance company telling me that there was some interest in the car and someone in Louth had asked them to provide finance to buy it from me,i have never had any dealings with finance companys nor did i advertise the car saying finance was available

The agent told me that there would be a charge of €117(made payable by credit card)for handeling charges and other costs but that when the car was sold thru them that i would be reimburst €100 so it would really only be costing me €17

Is this a scam?is there any chance that these companys look at car websites looking for the likes of me to offer the service even if nobody has made an inquiry about my car
    I told her to call me back later so i could think about it,i asked her for a website and she gave me www.motorhelp.co.uk but it has loads of different finance companys so im not sure who im dealing with

I am thinking about doing it i just want to be sure

Any help?anyone else get these kind of calls??
    I know that if i was going to buy a car i would call the seller before i called a finance company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

0utshined wrote:

The reason i reposted is because it is a finance matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Well I'm not sure what you expect from this post that you didn't get from the other but think it through.

If there was someone in Louth who wanted to buy your car and had contacted this company to provide finance for them why would you need to pay this company anything?
    The agent told me that there would be a charge of €117(made payable by credit card)for handeling charges and other costs but that IF the car was sold thru them that i would be reimburst €100 so it would really only be costing me €17

Changed to what I think the agent said, or should have said.

Sounds to me like they know you have a car to sell and are offering you advertising but probably not phrasing it that way. If you wnat your car advertised for the UK market then go ahead but I can't see what good it'll do you. This will be an expensive lesson (€117 to be exact).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

0utshined wrote:
    Well I'm not sure what you expect from this post that you didn't get from the other but think it through.

If there was someone in Louth who wanted to buy your car and had contacted this company to provide finance for them why would you need to pay this company anything?

Changed to what I think the agent said, or should have said.

Sounds to me like they know you have a car to sell and are offering you advertising but probably not phrasing it that way. If you wnat your car advertised for the UK market then go ahead but I can't see what good it'll do you. This will be an expensive lesson (€117 to be exact).

Well i suspect that people with knowledge in finance related issue will read this thread not the motors thread,but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i believe that this is just another scam tbh, read about it in motors a while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Sounds like a scam to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Scam. I'll say no more. Do a google on it if you don't believe us

Advertisement