Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't stop thinking about her

• 24-01-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm a 16 year old, and there's this girl in my class that I really really like, she's really beautiful, and a total and utter legend, well out of my league type girl. And I can safely say that it's all one-way. I'm nearly positive that she knows that I like her, and I know she doesn't because when it has been brought up (by other people) she side steps it extremely well, and the fact she was out the other night and was apparently scoring loads of people.

Pretty much I want to know is there anyway to stop thinking about her? It's really pissing me off, and I've been real down recently because of it, and really not myself.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I had very similar situation when I was 15/16. You just move on and grow up really. Your hormones are all over the place and you'd shag a dog at this point. Try not to think about it as much and look at some other girls, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Firstly, there's no such thing as leagues.
    Secondly, maybe she's embarassed as that's why she's side steppping the issue.
    Thirdly, I take it your mates told you she was "scoring loads of people" ?

If you do want to forget about her then get yourself down the Wesley disco or whatever the local equivalent is !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was in similar situation at your age also...you'll never know unless you ask her out....what have you got to lose?
    If she says No, then move on. Harsh words I know, but thats life. But not giving yourself the chance, you'll regret it later. Go on, you know you want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I was in similar situation at your age also...you'll never know unless you ask her out....what have you got to lose?
    If she says No, then move on. Harsh words I know, but thats life. But not giving yourself the chance, you'll regret it later. Go on, you know you want to.

aye. give it a go. and by that of course, use words, not a text. if she says no, there's plenty of "utter legends" in that sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Thinking wrote:
    a total and utter legend

she was out the other night and was apparently scoring loads of people.

I'm just wondering what he means by this 'total & utter legend'?

Has she a reputation for being easy or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Was in a simular situation at that age. I was crazy about this girl in my class, she was one of those "I'd slobber all over her" types. And she was well aware that I fancied her. To be honest I made no secret of it. I didn't care if she was outta my league (as you put it), I tried.

I was rejected by her.... on more than one ocassion I might add! Now that I am left school over 5 years, we have become good mates, and still keep in contact.

I say try being friends with her... and just work from there. get to know the girl first, and give her a chance to get to know you. Don't be going jumping in there and asking her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

Hey, well I know this is tough for you but you're far better off to give it one real go and then move on, with her or without her. Just do your best to gain enough courage to ask her out and see what happens. I guess from my nickname it's easy to see in this kinda situation I would do the same...there's no point kicking yourself 2 or 3 or 10 years down the line! At least once you know, you're mind is at rest and you can move on. Believe me, if anything, she will be hugely impressed that you as a 16 yr old guy, had the confidence to ask her out. Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

the worst she can do is say no. Your gonna get rejected loads of times...thats life. Either get to know her first then ask her out or just do it straight out and if she turns you down move on. Theres so many brilliant women out there. Dont dwell on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

BoozyBabe wrote:
    I'm just wondering what he means by this 'total & utter legend'?

She's one of the coolest people I know, she'll listen to anything I have to say, and never puts me down or anything
    Has she a reputation for being easy or something?

No, she doesn't have that reputation
    Thirdly, I take it your mates told you she was "scoring loads of people" ?

Yeah, it was
    Try not to think about it as much and look at some other girls, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

I've told myself this a few times, but no matter how hard I try it doesn't seem to work, it has never been like this with other girls I liked in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

just go for it,if you think shes out of your league,y??you always see stunning looking girls with complete muppets and vice versa.........so just ask her out.
    im not saying your a muppet.........just in general......no such thing as leagues!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Give it a try, if it's a negative response just move on and stay friends with her. Everyone experiences these circumstances at one stage or another as 'mickymg2003' said "thats life".
    Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm curious what her "scoring loads of people" has to do with it? Does this disappoint you, because she's scoring loads of people? Or do you feel that if she's scoring loads of people then she can't like you? Well the latter is bull tbh. Despite what TV would tell you, women also like to go out and have a random snog, especially at 15/16/17. They don't go, "Oh wait, I can't. I'm just so mad about X, I couldn't possibly kiss you, Mr. Randomer".

In my experience, there are few women who will display it straight out if they like you. Actually, she'll display it, but it'll go straight over your male head. Sidestepping the issue when in a social situation is what she is going to do either way - she's not going to admit whether she does or doesn't fancy you when everyone else is around.

seamus wrote:
    In my experience, there are few women who will display it straight out if they like you. Actually, she'll display it, but it'll go straight over your male head. Sidestepping the issue when in a social situation is what she is going to do either way - she's not going to admit whether she does or doesn't fancy you when everyone else is around.

Hopefully I'm just oblivious, has happened before, cheers.
    I was going with the latter from earlier seamus.

Cheers everyone

If you are an ordinary looking guy go out and shift an ordinary looking girl. After you have done this a couple of times you won't be worrying about this gorgeous girl.

Plain women need love too!

The plain people of Ireland should stick together.

If you are an ordinary looking guy go out and shift an ordinary looking girl. After you have done this a couple of times you won't be worrying about this gorgeous girl.

Plain women need love too!

The plain people of Ireland should stick together.

Cheers for the advice, but I never was one for just scoring randomly.

Sure **** it, I'll live. Cheers everyone

Advertisement