Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do and who with?

• 24-01-2006 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm from Chicago and I'm heading to Dublin over Paddy's Day. I don't know anyone out there. I'm just going to get out of town for a while. I'll be in town from the 15th to the 21st. Thought about taking in a concert or something. Definitely like to tip a pint or three while I'm there. I'm staying at the Temple Bar Hotel.

Any suggestions? Anyone lookin' for an American to hang out with for a while?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Oohh.. Temple Bar on St. Patricks Day.. roll up your trousers if you don't want puke getting on them!

You ever seen the Prohibition episode of The Simpsons? Well you know the parade at the beginning? Temple Bar.. only there's no parade thru it.

"Open your yaps Boyos!"

Seriously though, check out www.entertainmentireland.com for ideas on what to do while you're here.. There's event listings etc.
    Open top tour bus is good craic.. might be some nice weather around then too..

K.

how old are ya? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kinkade

I'm 34 years young. With only 8 days left til I get into town I'm really starting to get excited. I'm also looking for a home to cook a few meals in. I'm a chef and carpenter by trade so I'm hoping to create a few mwals for some locals out there (only for beer money) LOL.

I'm not really interested in the touristy stuff like open top busses and the likes. I'd really just like to meet up with some logal guys / girls and have some fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Kinkade wrote:
    I'm also looking for a home to cook a few meals in. I'm a chef and carpenter by trade so I'm hoping to create a few mwals for some locals out there . I'd really just like to meet up with some logal guys / girls and have some fun.

good luck with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kinkade

Ah, if it happens, it happens. I'm not gonna bend over backwards or anything. My main reason for coming out is to start tracing my roots. I'm sure a lot of Americans come out for htis reason but they often come with families and let it become more of a vacation than a 'quest'. I do have alterior motives for goin' out there. None to seedy or jaded. I just wanna have a litle fun while searching. After Dublin, I'm heading out to the family castle in Scotland for a few days. I have never been so I'm sure it will be interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement