Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobe Bryant - 81 Points

Options
  • 25-01-2006 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

As much as I think the guy is an arrogant muppet, his 81 point performance against Toronto, in regulation time too was nothing short of heroic. Its the 2nd highest score for an individual ever.

Here's a link to the video http://www.nba.com/news/kobe_81_index.html

Its under the video highlights section.

F*cking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Watched the game last night. In fairness, that's an unbelievable score, but one thing i'll say is that the Raptors never put pressure on him on defense all night. They allowed him to play very easy d.

Although when he played offense, he was being double and triple teamed and in fairness the Raptors for the most part stopped him driving to the hoop easily. He knocked down a lot of threes at the start of the third. He really knows how to draw fouls though, he got about 4 players in serious foul trouble and went to the free throw line a lot. He got fouled on two three point attempts as well.

The atmosphere at the start of the game was completely dead, crowd weren't in it at all. Compare that to the end of the game, where every time Kobe touched the ball the crowd rose to it's feet,clapped, whistled and shouted "MVP". Pretty exciting stuff to watch.

What's the most impressive thing about the game is the manner in which these points came about. Lakers were down quite substantially in the second quarter and looked like they were certain to lose the game. Kobe came out in the third and single handedly pulled them back from an inevitable loss. I don't think it would have been quite as impressive had they been killing the Raptors from tip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

yeah , i saw that, its amazing, its way better than Larry Bird's 100 because you can't score as many points in the league now, i still think Kobe Bryant is an asshole, did you see a few months ago it was reported that kobe smashed a camera man's camera after they lost

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Larry Bird's 100? You're thinking of Wilt Chamberlain... Larry Bird's career high was in or around 60.

Also, Larry Bird played up until 1992 (his rookie year was 1980)... that's not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

phil wrote:
    Larry Bird's 100? You're thinking of Wilt Chamberlain... Larry Bird's career high was in or around 60.

Also, Larry Bird played up until 1992 (his rookie year was 1980)... that's not that long ago.

yeah thats right, i got mixed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Liam90 wrote:
    I still think Kobe Bryant is an asshole, did you see a few months ago it was reported that kobe smashed a camera man's camera after they lost

Yeah same here, He's still a class-A jerk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

I personally hate the guy but hes got hops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

impressive score... but i still hate him....

Advertisement