Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Esat BT + Account

• 25-01-2006 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

My dad set it up and pays for it, he forgot his log in details for the esat site? How can we get them? I want to keep track on my cap and make sure i don't go over the cap :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's the same username and password used to login to the router, sans the @iolbb bit.

Edit: A bit unclear there, sorry. What I meant was not the actual admin/1234 part of the login to the router, but the other part used to verify you're a BT customer. I don't have access to the default router at thm moment, but you should see your login details (the username at least) somewhere there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It's the same username and password used to login to the router, sans the @iolbb bit.

Edit: A bit unclear there, sorry. What I meant was not the actual admin/1234 part of the login to the router, but the other part used to verify you're a BT customer. I don't have access to the default router at thm moment, but you should see your login details (the username at least) somewhere there.

:confused: so how do i find them out? sorry my dad set up everything so im a bit lost with all that stuff :o

Login to http://192.168.1.1/ with username:admin password:1234, it should be there. If he's forgotten his password, you'll need to contact BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Login to http://192.168.1.1/ with username:admin password:1234, it should be there. If he's forgotten his password, you'll need to contact BT.

Done that, don't see what the login details are though, im gonna have to get him to ring BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Keep track on your cap here: http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

even after you get your username and password I wouldn't rely on Esat's meter (as mentioned above) as its usually off, or not working. Like this month for example hasn't been working at all. Best off trying something like DU meter to keep an eye on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Gideon wrote:
    I wouldn't rely on Esat's meter (as mentioned above) as its usually off, or not working. Like this month for example hasn't been working at all.

Bastards ... do they have an alternative? It was really handy when it worked didn't have have DU meter or anything running in your taskbar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT won't give you your password, but they will reset it for you if needs be. You can also reset the password yourself if you have an account on www.btireland.ie. I think you just need you BT account number to setup an online account, then you can reset the password without needing the old one.

If you change the password you'll need to change the one used by your router aswell.

To view/change go to the router and under Advanced Setup, select WAN setup. Halfway down the page is Login Information which contains your username@iolbb, or @btbb I think, and a ******** password. You just change this password to the new one and you're back in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

jor el wrote:
    BT won't give you your passwor.

Ofcourse they will. I only rang them and asked yesterday and im not even the account holder but obviously i said i was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

^whitey^ wrote:
    Bastards ... do they have an alternative? It was really handy when it worked didn't have have DU meter or anything running in your taskbar

best to have both. I'm sure it'll be back to normal from next month, probally down this month due to speed and cap increases.

• Advertisement

It's working for me. Ring them and tell them yours is stuck.

Advertisement