Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best alternative to blueface

• 25-01-2006 4:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

i have tried out the blueface trial and although i am happy with the quality of the calls, i had a small problem and i emailed support and so far no reply, that was saturday - i am already out of patience with this sort of thing having my broadband with IBB ( no choice in the matter i'm afraid ), and having chased tradespeople for a year and a half while building my house :eek: ---- i am looking for a company that will at least reply to my emails ( within 48 hours ) :v: - any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

I'm suprised and it's not the norm for Blueface, who are known for their good service (probably way better than what you will get elsewhere) and often answer support emails and on here out of hours.

I'd shoot off the email again and see if you get sorted to your satisfaction.

Ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

What Ambrose said.

From what I've seen in the last year, Blueface support is head and shoulders above anyone else. There have been a few recent support issues, so I'm hoping that these aren't the first signs that Blueface has grown too fast and can't cope. Time will tell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Very amazed that Blueface have not replied to you,
    From personal experience the only time I've not got a reply from them is when their e-mails got killed by my spam filter :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭RedRooster

This is very unusual. Blueface customer support is top notch. I am very suprised with your situation.

When I first joined Blueface, I was a VOIP noob. I was sending emails to Aaron asking all sorts of stupid questions. Each time I would get an informative response within 10 mins. Heck, I even gave up emailing Aaron around 12 at night as I could not find any more intelligent questions to ask.

Hope that helps, I would send an email again.:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm about to join Blueface and had a rake load of questions for them to answer first. I emailed them yesterday, and a sound lad called Al replied with all my answers, and again to my next batch, and then another final email. That was 3 responses in just over 2 hours and left me very impressed and also reduced the sense of risk you feel when taking a step into the unknown.

Are you sure there wasn't an IBB or any other issue that prevented your mail from getting through to them?

Mail them again and I'll bet you'll get a response within 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 unhappy_galway_

For a couple of days before their almost nationwide network shutdown yesterday IBB's smtp server was rejecting mail due to being overloaded.
    This could have been a dos attack or the server could be underspecified. Either way the most likely reason for not getting a reply from blueface support is that the mail never reached them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

The above sounds like the most logical explanation. Otherwise, this would be the first negative posting ref. blueface. I am not a customer of theirs(yet) but have emailed them twice with a questions on their service - and they were back to me very quickly - out of office hours on one occassion. Most blueface related threads here usually include remarks on their good customer service.
    Good customer service is something of a rarity in ireland so when a co. do deliver on it, I think they deserve plenty of credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

good to hear all this pro blueface stuff - they certainly must have done all the right thinks for the past while :o

anyway whatever the reason, they responded this morning saying they were sorry for the delay - no explanation, but i dont really care myself

thanks people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭pjproby

i availed of the 99 euro offer from blueface. i am with metro broadband and frankly it is not a very satisfactory situation. as an example one day this week i rang two landlines neither recipient of the call could hear me at their end. i certainly cannot access the ata. blueface support told me they would adjust the codecs for me which i assume means it is locked to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

I'd like to second the comments about Blueface's support. In the past it has been excellent. Having said that, there were a few delays answering queries I sent to them over the last 10 days.

I'm sure they are up to their necks with the response to their €99 offer and supporting all the initial queries new users generate when setting up and playing with configurations!

Anyone who doesn't get a response send it off again... they will normally respond very quickly.
    gumboots wrote:
    good to hear all this pro blueface stuff - they certainly must have done all the right thinks for the past while :o

anyway whatever the reason, they responded this morning saying they were sorry for the delay - no explanation, but i dont really care myself

thanks people :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm having issues witht this thread. Blueface support is without a doubt the best I have come across. It is people saying "They took a while getting back to me" In fairness they are probably busy, mail IBB/BT/Eircon and Blueface all at the same time, see who gets back to you first. They do have other customers too. I'm sure if you asked Aaron the time in an e-mail he would send it to you. Off I go to ask Aaron the time......:D

paulm17781 wrote:
    I'm having issues witht this thread. Blueface support is without a doubt the best I have come across. It is people saying "They took a while getting back to me" In fairness they are probably busy, mail IBB/BT/Eircon and Blueface all at the same time, see who gets back to you first. They do have other customers too. I'm sure if you asked Aaron the time in an e-mail he would send it to you. Off I go to ask Aaron the time......:D

you really dont sound like you've read the thread to me ... just being honest

gumboots wrote:
    you really dont sound like you've read the thread to me ... just being honest

It's not all the posts, it's the people saying "they took a while" that bother me. :)

paulm17781 wrote:
    It's not all the posts, it's the people saying "they took a while" that bother me. :)

but it wasnt people ... it was just me and .... like ..... they did take a while - are you saying that i should have waited patiently for ever safe in the knowledge that they'd be returning my mail someday --- and if so then how was i supposed to know that they were EVER going to reply - i mean im not all knowing or anything --- and anyway i had posted before you that they had replied and i was obviously quite happy with that ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,826 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

paulm17781 wrote:
    Blueface support is without a doubt the best I have come across. It is people saying "They took a while getting back to me"

It took them over three weeks to get back to me after my last email. Maybe you can help me :)

See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

pjproby wrote:
    i availed of the 99 euro offer from blueface. i am with metro broadband and frankly it is not a very satisfactory situation. as an example one day this week i rang two landlines neither recipient of the call could hear me at their end. i certainly cannot access the ata. blueface support told me they would adjust the codecs for me which i assume means it is locked to themselves.

Just some observations:

I'm with NTL for BB and Blueface for VOIP. From reading other posts here it is a combination that works exceedingly well.

Blueface's customer support is, in my opinion and experience, the BEST I have ever come across. I have NEVER failed to get a reply to an e-mail within 24 hours. Indeed, one night an e-mail was sent at 23:35 and answered at 23:55 (I kid you not). And before anyone asks - it was not an automated response. It was a reply to a detailed query.

The only slight glitch to watch for is the Netgear router. I have seen several (inlcuding my own) give a short ring every two hours. This can be fixed by a remote firmware upgrade.

I, and many others, are quick enough to criticise companies when they deserve it. Likewise I think companies deserve praise when they deliver. And boy do Blueface!

Keep it up lads!:D

thetourist wrote:
    but it wasnt people ... it was just me and .... like .....

I didn't want to name names...

I didn't realise you were posting under the name msmx5 too or is it people ... not just you?

Freddie59 posted what I was trying to get at. I think there was one mail that I didn't get a reply from Blueface ever. I send them alot of mails, often crap questions like "Aaron can I have a red ATA" :D . But they have always (bar once) answered promptly. The point I was trying to make is that a few here and other threads have said "They took a while getting back to me." What I was trying to point out is they DID get back to you.

msmx5, I'm not trying to single you out, just that you were an example. :)

Unkel, did you get that sorted, I was posting in the other thread before I saw anything in this from you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

paulm17781 wrote:
    I didn't want to name names...

I didn't realise you were posting under the name msmx5 too or is it people ... not just you?
    msmx5, I'm not trying to single you out, just that you were an example. :)

thetourist ain't posting on my behalf!!

Maybe the emphasis of my last post wasn't clear. I do agree that Blueface support is a breath of fresh air and better that I have experienced from most if not all other online service providers as well as many/most other traditional telephony providers.

It was definitely a deciding factor in my choice of VOIP provider (number porting was another). They responded very quickly to all my queries before signing up.

My comments regarding the slower response times more recently were hopefully constructive critism, I know Aaron reads this forum and Blueface seem like a dynamic company who would appreciate and take on board critism, positive or negative.

I think anyone browsing through this forum will quickly see that there is far more positive comments and goodwill directed towards Blueface, than negative, and any negative comments are usually, either qualified, or later resolved.

I think the sheer volume of comments about Blueface demonstrates that they have a good customer base, probably a lot more than any other Irish VOIP provider.

Now... I'm off.... must email Blueface with a query! :-)

paulm17781 wrote:

it's all relative to your perspective or viewpoint - in other words you cant just sit around forever hapily knowing that someone is going to respond to you unless you have had the experience that they usually do - if the first time you email someone they dont reply for a few days then that is going to be your impresssion; reguardless.
    fact is blueface, reguardless of their excellent support ( which i had no knowlege of before i posted ), still took about 4 days or something to reply to my first email - now by my standards that's a long time; that's just my opinion as a customer - i dont really see how you can argue with my opinion - it's like someone telling you you should like a painting or a piece of music that you dont - i mean i wasnt even complaining about them - i was just asking was there an alternative

B.T.W. msmx5's comments really didnt sound like complaints to me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Blueface are the dogs boll0cks, never had a problem, the wrt54gp2 router shipped configured and worked out of the box, and open rather than locked into their network, totally rocks, and their support sets a new bar for the rest.
    It's the only way!

• Advertisement
Advertisement