Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB downgrading

• 25-01-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭

I am currently on the new 2meg line but I am thinking about dropping down to the new 1 meg line so say myself €10 a month.

Do i just ring them up and they will change it.

Has anyone done this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think they charge you a fee for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Trampas wrote:
    I am currently on the new 2meg line but I am thinking about dropping down to the new 1 meg line so say myself €10 a month.

Do i just ring them up and they will change it.

Has anyone done this yet?
    You can ring them up and request the the change. The new packages don't come into effect until Feb 1st and, as Khannie said, you will be charged a fee for the downgrade (€20 - €30).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

There is no downgrade fee though you are tied into a new 6 month contract. went onto that online help and asked em
    Sales rep: How may I help you Scruff?
    Scruff: Hi, I have Broadband plus and phoneline package.
    Scruff: is there a charge if i want to downgrade to the standard broadband and phonline package?
    Sales rep: no there is not
    Sales rep: you can downgrade to standard at any time
    Scruff: ok, thanks i had heard rumour that there was
    Scruff: just wanted to confirm
    Sales rep: no problem
    Sales rep: there is just a 6 month minimum contract
    Scruff: thanks, bye

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Plasmoid

I downgraded no problem before... right after my trial of IOLBB plus ended... they even let me keep the free webcam. However... their billing kept charging me for months afterwards for the full plus package.

They refunded me later but it was an awfull mess to sort out. Make sure you keep an eye on your direct debit transfers in case the same happens to you... and follow it up quickly if it happens.

Advertisement