Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Darts To Buy ?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

What is the best dart size,weight etc to use for a beginner in darts ?

Anyone recommend me the best make to use and the price range

I have the dart board set up ,correct distance from floor etc, the darts which came with the board dont seem to be the best (not that i have much knowledge on this subject )

I went on to e-bay to look for darts and the selection is endless

Cheers for pointing me in the right direction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

check out http://www.a-zdarts.com/

should give you a good indication

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well there is no best weight etc for a beginner because its all down to your personal taste and what suits you the best. I personally use 24g Unicorn darts which I feel are the best for me.

One bit of advice I can give you is make sure you buy tungsten darts as these are the best by far because they tend to be skinnier than the brass darts you can buy. You most likely got a set of brass darts with the board.

For me Unicorn are the best but its always down to personal taste

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

A normal start of point is about 24-28 grammes. the style of the dart that you choose is totally up to yourself but i always prefer darts with good grip(ridges) for extra control

Advertisement