Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - Dead pixels [out of the box]

• 25-01-2006 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

I got a white PSP in from Japan, opened it up and found 6 dead pixels on the screen, they're hardly noticable but they do annoy me and Sony say this isn't covered under wwarranty - how can this be, the product was damaged upon opening it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

check the playstation forum. plenty of dead pixel antics went on at launch. if they're hardly noticable, ignore them. but if they really annoy you, you might be able to return/exchange from the seller, but it IS in japan... ask yourself is it really worth the hassle over a few dead pixels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This isn't anything to do with playing audio and video on your PSP so I'm moving from Portable Media Players it to a more relevant forum (err... PlayStation).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The warranty covers up to 8 dead pixels. Anything under that doesnt affect gameplaying issues. Thats what we've been told to tell our customers anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's a video clip that you can download which is supposed to fix dead pixels, I'm not sure of the URL but I'm sure somebody else here knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

There's a video clip that you can download which is supposed to fix dead pixels, I'm not sure of the URL but I'm sure somebody else here knows it.

not quite. dead pixels are just that - dead. you can't revive them. STUCK pixels can be fixed with said video (stuck pixels usually appear as red/green/blue dots on screen. dead ones are usually black or white)

• Advertisement
Advertisement