Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Trivia Question II

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think cruiser might have the same list I have :D, Yep Les made Bolton his sixth.

11: Name 3 players to score a hat-trick for three premiership teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

irish1 wrote:
    I think cruiser might have the same list I have :D, Yep Les made Bolton his sixth.

Of course not ;) I have heard most of these before!

Which player (and current England International) scored the fastest premiership goal?

Tottenham's Ledley King after 10 seconds in a 3-3 draw with Bradford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

This is amsuing, which team holds the record for the longest free kick???

Answer:

Chelsea apparently. They took a free kick that went out of the ground and landed on a freight train. It was retrieved a couple of miles down the track!??

Alternative answer - apparently in a 1993 cup match at City Ground, Nottingham Forest kicked the ball out of the ground. It landed in a river and was fished out at least 4 miles down stream!

2nd alternative - apparently a goal kick at Walsall's ground landed in a coal train in the freight yard behind Walsall's ground. The ball made it all the way to York!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

irish1 wrote:

Shearer: Southampton, Blackburn and Newcastle.
    Cole: Newcastle, Man United and Blackburn.
    Fowler: Liverpool, Leeds & Man City.

Not sure about those but a quick guess.

Okay how about who was the first player to score 4 goals in a premiership game? and who was the first player to score 5 goals in a premiership game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

This is amsuing, which team holds the record for the longest free kick???

Answer:

Chelsea apparently. They took a free kick that went out of the ground and landed on a freight train. It was retrieved a couple of miles down the track!??

Alternative answer - apparently in a 1993 cup match at City Ground, Nottingham Forest kicked the ball out of the ground. It landed in a river and was fished out at least 4 miles down stream!

2nd alternative - apparently a goal kick at Walsall's ground landed in a coal train in the freight yard behind Walsall's ground. The ball made it all the way to York!

That reminds me of the time I was watching Football Focus a good few years back, and they had this thing where they were going to name the Keeper with the furthest throw. I thought Schmeichel or james would win it, no chance. Think the winner was whoever the Ipswich keeper was as when he was throwing it out to Mark Venus. Other notable nominees were the keeper with Alan Brazil on his team. think James would prob win it now though what with Stephen Ireland in his team

4 in a game: Brian Deane, Kevin Campbell?
    First to score 5 was definetly Andy cole

Roddy23 wrote:
    4 in a game: Brian Deane, Kevin Campbell?
    First to score 5 was definetly Andy cole

Correct on the 5 for Manchester United vs. Ipswich in the 1994/95 season. The final score was 9-0.

The player with 4 was playing for Norwich at the time!

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote:
    That reminds me of the time I was watching Football Focus a good few years back, and they had this thing where they were going to name the Keeper with the furthest throw. I thought Schmeichel or james would win it, no chance. Think the winner was whoever the Ipswich keeper was as when he was throwing it out to Mark Venus. Other notable nominees were the keeper with Alan Brazil on his team. think James would prob win it now though what with Stephen Ireland in his team

The Charlton keeper (be it Myhre, Kiely or Andersen) can throw it to Holland ;)

Player with 4: - Chris sutton

Roddy23 wrote:
    Player with 4: - Chris sutton

Nope, this player also played for Wimbeldon in the premiership

Nope, this player also played for Wimbeldon in the premiership

Hartson?

Efan Ekoku most recently of Dublin City

John Fashanu, but Ekoku sounds more like the answer

• Advertisement

Roddy23 wrote:
    John Fashanu, but Ekoku sounds more like the answer

Because it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

The corner flags at Blackburn Rovers Ewood Park ground have the club badge printed on them. No other team is allowed to do this, why not?

The corner flags at Blackburn Rovers Ewood Park ground have the club badge printed on them. No other team is allowed to do this, why not?

Blackburn won the FA Cup three years in a row and this meant that they won the Cup for good. However the FA couldn't afford a new cup, so instead gave Blackburn were allowed to have their club crest on their corner flags. No team since has managed to win the cup three years running, so no one else is allowed

In what sort of establishment did Mark van Bommel spend 5 days in preparation for his move from PSV Eindhoven to Barcelona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

A monastery to learn Catalan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They did the same on they think its all over

Bosnich could through it all the way to Yorke
    Tottenham keeper could throw it all the way to Edinburgh
    but the coventry keeper won cause he could throw it all the way to Dublin

12:Which player has been relegated with 4 different Premiership clubs?

13:Name 4 player managers who have played in the FA Cup final?

14:Which team reached the FA Cup Final at Wembley even though they lost a game (that was not abandoned or replayed) in an earlier round in the same season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

13. Dennis Wise, Vialli and Hoddle, dont know the 4th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Kenny dalglish ?? Just a guess

In fact that never happened did it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Q 12. Ashley Ward

Q 13. Dalglish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

irish1 wrote:
    Not sure, I heard a simalar one before but slighty different have a go at this one as well:

Who is the only player to have won the English First Division (now Premiership) title, English FA Cup, European Champions Cup [now Champions League] and the World Cup?
    Anelka

12 is completed with Dalgish and eirebhoys was right with Ashley Ward for 13 he was relegated with Ashley Ward, he has been relegated with:
    Barnsley
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bradford City
    Norwich City

14 still outstanding: Which team reached the FA Cup Final at Wembley even though they lost a game (that was not abandoned or replayed) in an earlier round in the same season?

15:Who was the last player to score a hat-trick at the old Wembley Stadium?

irish1 wrote:

14 still outstanding: Which team reached the FA Cup Final at Wembley even though they lost a game (that was not abandoned or replayed) in an earlier round in the same season?

15:Who was the last player to score a hat-trick at the old Wembley Stadium?

Charlton in 1946 beat Fulham over 2 legs, but lost one!

Is 15 a trick question?

Charlton is correct, 15 may be seen to be a trick question, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

13. Dennis Wise, Vialli and Hoddle, dont know the 4th :)

Chris Coleman??? Pure Guess!!

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:
    Charlton is correct, 15 may be seen to be a trick question, yes.
    well then the answer is Grant Best, Sky Sports director, in a media match a month before the ground shut.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

what were the 8 stadiums used in the 1966 world cup?

(no cheating on google - too easy then!)

Advertisement