Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stay with Quinn direct??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

mike65 wrote:
    Surely its up to the insurance company to chase outstanding monies not the agrieved party.

Mike.
    That wasn't the case when a woman hit me back in September.

Although in fairness she was very nice and admitted liability there and then, I was the one who had to do all the chasing of her company to pay up - it took a week before they even bothered to get their own assessment of the damage done. My own crowd weren't interested in helping at all. :(

Eventually I had to escalate to management to get anywhere near the value of the car ("not economical to repair" apparently) but it was definitely a eye-opener! As always with companies in this country, they're very quick when they want money from you (even small amounts), but nowhere near as speedy when they owe you! :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kaiser - you missed Mikes point.
    You eventually got all of your compensation from her insurance company. You didn't have to chase after her for a protion of the money i.e. the excess. The insurance company will have billed her for her excess saving you that little hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

kbannon wrote:
    kaiser - you missed Mikes point.
    You eventually got all of your compensation from her insurance company. You didn't have to chase after her for a protion of the money i.e. the excess. The insurance company will have billed her for her excess saving you that little hassle.
    Suppose it could've been worse alright .. ah it's been a long day :)

Is it generally the case though that in a situation like the one I was in, that you have to do all the follow-up work yourself?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You will usually have to push them to get the finger out. However, it can be as bad when you keep the ins co out of it.
    When someone (clearly in the wrong) scraped the side of my old E30 we agreed to keep the ins co out of it. However, they dawdled so much and started talking about taking a case against Kildare Co Co (the other driver insists that he had a green light to drive across a single file bridge but had no witnesses - I did).
    Anyhow, his wife became abusive anytime I tried calling to see when he would pay me that I eventually told them to fupp themselves and I was telling my ins co to proceed with the claim (had informed them in writing of the incident).
    A cheque arrived the following day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sorry but it is late and I can't be arsed reading the whole thread. I am in a very similar position to the OP. With QD and polcy up for renewal. FBD have come in over €100 cheaper than QD and have things like glass replacement, claims for the car being stolen or burnt not killing the no claims. There are other advantages as well.

I did manage to read the 2nd post. I got a quote from HB. They were €300 more than FBD with a €4000 excess. WTF. Apparently this is a new thing that reflects the fact that most people don't claim. Fine, I understand that but the premium should actually be low as opposed to the highest I got.

MrP

• Advertisement
Advertisement