Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem

• 25-01-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

About three months I met a girl through a group of friends who seemed quite friendly and it turned out she was good friends with a fella I was interested in. Anyway a couple of days I got a text from her saying that that she had got my number from this mutual friend and would I like to go for a drink some time. I said no at the time as I was busy and I thought it a little weird for her to ask me out specifically.
    Now I know this was stupid but I started texting this girl about a personal problem and I pretty much told her everything. Then a couple of days later she started coming on to me (Im a fairly straight female) and I put her down gently. Then she began to text me at least 2 or 3 times a hour and eventually began to threaten me with spreading my personal problem to everyone if I didn't sleep with her. In the end I went to the police and I told a few mutual friends who then confronted her. She still ended up telling everyone what happened but it backfired on her. The police warned her off and I haven't heard much from her until now.
    I have just heard that she has told alot of people the story but the other way round and she has seemed to ingratiate herself back in the group. I know the people who matter won't believe her and most others aren't bothered.

But then there a few people who think I am the guilty one in all this and they seem to want others to see this too. There is a big night out soon and I know she intends on going to it and I do too.

What do you think I should do? Should I ignore and wait for her to do something? Or should I confront her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What will "confronting" her achieve except maybe a bitch fight where lads will gather around you and chuckle cos bitch fights are funny.

You said yourself the people who matter believe you then who cares about the rest of them. Leave her to her own devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Leave her to her own devices.

I second that, she sounds like a loon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ya, leave her to her own mad world. If she's that much of a psycho, she'll break off from the group and move somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

In her defence she is only 20 and just lost her mother and brother very recently. But people tend to pity her because of this, I suppose the best thing is to just ignore her. But that is easier said then done if she starts bull****ting to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

but doesn't your being straight and her not being straight make it more believable that in fact it was her who came on to you and not the other way around?
    or am i missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ignore her tbh. She probably wants to drag you in and make the situation even more complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Anon1982 wrote:
    But that is easier said then done if she starts bull****ting to other people.

Fair enough, but she's more likely to get bored and move on if you don't make a big deal out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, if you don't respond, she might go to greater and greater extremes with the bs, hoping to rouse you out of your indifference and then, go so far with it as to make it obvious to other people that it's all made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I didn't tell anyone but the police about her coming on to me as far as everyone else is concerned is that she was just constantly texting and phoning me. Except she has told other people that it was me doing that, any texts I sent her were me pleading her to leave me alone. I should have just ignored her texts though and she probably would have stopped on her own.

Advertisement