Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line appearing as "Unsuitable"

• 25-01-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Friend of mine whose phone line is on connected to the Curragh Exchange, has test his line and it now list on the Eircom checker as being "Unsuitable".
    Rang up Eircom and was passed from Biddy to Jack without getting a satisfactory answer.

Now his line was a downright fail before the upgrades and we only rechecked it just out of curiosity.

Seeing as it is now showing as unsuitable is there any things that can be done in terms of testing with an engineer or is just too far from the exchange hence the rating of unsuitable?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The word 'unsuitable' sounds better than the word 'fail' . Eircom can now state that no lines are failing ....when they obviously could not before :p

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Yeah everything is rosy cos there are no failures! Eircom does it again!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The word 'unsuitable' sounds better than the word 'fail' . Eircom can now state that no lines are failing ....when they obviously could not before :p

Yep...they have obviously changed the word "fail" to "unsuitable" as I get that now also...tossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

unsuitable is still classed as a fail in my book..

Also just to mention, the house he is in was built a year ago so the lines into the estate should be of pretty good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Sponge Bob wrote:

It would amaze me if you are wrong about this. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

has he more than one line coming into the house by any chance?

Cos I'm in an area where eircom BB is available and my neighbours lines all pass but mine fail. I think it's to do with the the fact we have 3 lines coming into the house and they all piggy back on the same "cable", rather than having their own "cable".

(My tech terminology to describe this setup might be a lil simplisitic)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Has he anything else on his line beyond a simple telephone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

irlrobins wrote:
    and they all piggy back on the same "cable", rather than having their own "cable".

To get 3 into one requires a pairgain, no BB for you till you get back to one line/ one cable / no pairgain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

yea thats what i thought. Went with IBB. Thankfully it works perfectly for me.

• Advertisement

Just the one line coming into the house.

Advertisement