Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need advice for gaming on wireless router

• 25-01-2006 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can advise me which is the best wireless router for gaming on the internet (ie Battlefield, Counterstrike etc.) I've checked out a couple of LINKSYS routers and thought I'll buy that one:D & then I read a couple of horror reviews about it:( There will be 2 machines running off it ones a desktop and the other a laptop, only the dektop (beast) will be for gaming the other mostly downloading music & surfing.

any advice would be hugely appreciated thanks

dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I have a linksys WRT54G router.

Wireless connection from my desktop to router (B type so max connection speed from desktop to router is 11mbps). I play BF2 and have no probs what so ever.

You'll here horror stories about any product. But Linksys are well thought of on boards and other websites. I'd certainly recommend a Linksys product based on my own personal experiences with a range of devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

thanks for that irlrobins
    irlrobins wrote:
    Wireless connection from my desktop to router (B type so max connection speed from desktop to router is 11mbps).

B type, is that one of the settings on the router? Did you buy that online or in shop, i see it on the pixmania site for €68. i also see that they have wireless LINKSYS G PCI card WMP54G-FR for the desktop reciever, would i be best off sticking with a same make router & reciever rather than going for a cheaper reciever of a different make?

sorry for all the questions,

thanks again for reply

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

the router can support B and G type (11 and 54mbps respectively)

It's usally best to stick to same manufacturer. But it will work with any card really (I've used 5 different brands with my Linksys WRT54G)

I bought mine online. It was either from microaid.ie or elara.ie I can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I say "LINKSYS i'm comin to get ya"

cool, thanks a million for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

l got linksys wrt54gs with speedbooster ,used with laptop and 2 desktop for online gaming,no probs

• Advertisement
Advertisement