Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Infantry League

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I see someone,Berns i think has drawn up a list.
    Sorry guys personally i never know when im going to be online so i cant commit to anything,also the rest of GFF are in the same boat,plus the fact most are wow addicts also.
    Sorry to say you can count GFF out guys,cheers for invite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ehh so i cant use my G3 :(

The other rifles suck :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

m4 kicks ass imfho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Each clan has their own way of organisin, such as whose in what squad etc. This will be up to each team of 6 individually. You could get all 6 of the team & sub/s on ts, or if prefer get squads only into channels, 2x3,3x2 etc. Not sure what rules gonna be. Infantry only, so no vehicles, not sure about C4, check fairy's first post. Just assistin here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

How about

no c4
    no nade launchers

hence skill is required to win

• Advertisement

Nade launchers can require skill at long range, but short range is just fire and jump to most noobs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Shiny wrote:
    How about

no c4
    no nade launchers

hence skill is required to win

Do you mean to imply that C4 requires no skill to use? Because thats just idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

OK rules will be :

No Commanders.
    No C4 at all.
    No Vehicles.

You can used any fixed weapon you want, ie fixed heavy machine guns. You can also use nades and the nade launcher.

Maps will be :

Karkand 16
    Sharqui 16
    Oman 16
    Masthur 16

Rounds will be 20 mins long with 1 map on each game, ie total match will not last longer than 40 mins roughly. Teams will be 6 v 6. If a team turns up with 5 and doesnt mind playing a team of 6 then fine. Where possible the matches will be on a Sunday night and will be hosted on the TiG match server, again where possible.

The main aim of this competition is to have fun playing infantry in BF2.

Any other questions then please shout.

tig.bf2|fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

so when it happening

keltic man pm Cloud or regi or DeVore if you want that nick of yours changed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Zillah wrote:
    Do you mean to imply that C4 requires no skill to use? Because thats just idiotic.

nope i was talking solely about nade launchers.

happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yep :)

OK by around 2pm today the entry will be closed and I'll try and get a structure to this. If possible we could have the first matches tonight. Also if we can have them on the tig.bf2 match server we can run the match bot that reports the game to #tig.server so everyone else can watch along.

Fairy

Boards team would like to be called Team Gimp

thx

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

KdjaC wrote:
    Boards team would like to be called Team Gimp

I have already said that I can't be on the boards team .

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Sup all,

nrg is full so I'll play for whoever needs the numbers... someone wants me... I'm good I swear! An all rounder!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Can I get in on the act pls??? I am good not being bigheaded!!
    Cheers!!

OK entry now closed. I need someone from 1st IB and ASCII to confirm if they are entering a team and also will someone from boards.ie please assume captaincy if even only from an organisational point of view. Also are boards.ie entering 1 or 2 teams.

I also cant see a problem if teams want to use subs, as long as the teams are not too different then teams can use up to 2 subs not listed on their original rosters.

If we can get the above confirmed in the next few hours then we may be able to have some matches tonight.

tig.bf2|fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Would 8v8 not make more sense on a 16 man game?
    By the looks of the numbers it would make for more even matches too.

Just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

If Zillah and Zillarex are one and the same, I nominate him as Boards leader as he seems to be highest on the Leaderboard.

• Advertisement

1st-IB - Ak47,Drapper,Havok,Bod,Spooky D,Ronoc,Splinter,Celt,Markie,Mick
    Boards -Ambro25,Vegeta,Kdjac,Zillah,ciaranfo,NickyOD,Wavey,Spiritus,ponster,Ballboy
    BTC - PrejuDiced,Ram2000,Darkie,DevilHopper,Frappy,Jonski (Zeek,Jacko,MonTheFish,Rakoe,Kougra,Ghost,Viriconia,Andi-c)
    NRG - Scrapper,Fightin snr,Fightin,Glippo,Tjarn,NeroX,GiJoe,KELTICKNIGHTT, Predatator90,Ramses,Shiny,An1m4l,Valdez
    TiG - Fairy,Berns,Jackabo,Molc,Mackman,Fuzzy,Jalls,Luc,Valen,Irish Ranger,Fran, Frodo,Hellrazor,drunk,D22,Rope,Syco

1st-IB - 10 - 1, ya's could almost have a 2nd :-)
    Boards - 10 - 1 Team, hopefully get a 2nd
    BTC - 14 - 1 , but could have 2 :rolleyes: *ahem*
    NRG - 13 - 2 teams looks like
    TiG - 17 - 2 teams, 3rd possibly

Currently 7 full teams, & possibility 4 more. Maybe ASCII pm Drapper & get a 2nd team together for ya's or sumfin. Cully boards maybe???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

45 players? Impressive turn out.

Is there a link to the standard rules used for these type of events?

http://www.clanbase.com/rules.php?lid=2172 is clanbase rules. Of course we aint as set up as they would be with databases & contacts & all. But it gives ya a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Berns wrote:
    1st-IB - Spooky D,Drapper, , , ,
    ASCII -Quik,Stake , , , ,
    Boards -Ambro25,Vegeta,Kdjac,Zillah,ciaranfo,NickyOD,Wavey,Spiritus,ponster,Ballboy
    BTC - Jonski, , , , ,
    NRG - Scrapper,Fightin snr,Fightin,Glippo,Tjarn,NeroX,GiJoe,KELTICKNIGHTT, Predatator90,Ramses,Shiny,An1m4l,Valdez
    TiG - Fairy,Berns,Jackabo,Molc,Mackman,Fuzzy,Jalls,Luc,Valen,Irish Ranger,Fran, Frodo,Hellrazor,drunk,D22,Rope,Syco

1st-IB - 2 - (apparently have a full team though?? )
    ASCII - 2 - ?
    Boards - 10 - 1 Team, hopefully get a 2nd
    BTC - 1 - (Apparently will have a full team??)
    NRG - 13 - 2 teams looks like
    TiG - 17 - 2 teams, 3rd possibly

Cully wanna jump in boards team or maybe with BTC if they aint got enuff??
    Can 1st-IB, ASCII & BTC confirm they got players & list em, or do ya's wanna merge till have a full team????

we have a full team in 1st-ib = Ak47, Drapper, Havok, Bod, Spooky D, Ronoc, Splinter, Celt, Markie ad Mick

Drapper, get a couple more & maybe get a 2nd team on if ya's could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Berns wrote:
    Drapper, get a couple more & maybe get a 2nd team on if ya's could :D

hard enough to get these guys lol

Boards team has 10 but more if this thread was readable ;) Theres over 60 active posters here and not many of them are mentioned in the clans above.

Split us up between clans, if the clans too want after all it is only fun.

Put clan-hating bastards like me with clans :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm with Wavey regarding bigger teams.

I'm not in the mood for a typical Gl-feast 6x6 game, esp when we seem to have so many players who want to fight.

In fact, a 3 squads Vs 3 squads would be fun.

st-IB - 2 & ASCII & Boards Vs BTC & NRG & TiG

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Like I said earlier , we have enough to make up a team , some left over tbh meaning I will probably be the one to step down on the night , but we are only entering one team as this is our first time doing anything like this in BF2 .

I will list the names of the likely players , plus in brackets the ones that will fall in if there are any no shows or conn problems .

PrejuDiced , Ram2000 , Darkie , DevilHopper , Frappy , Jonski ( Zeek , Jacko , MonTheFish , Rakoe , Kougra , Ghost , Viriconia , Andi-c )

• Advertisement

Why not just have 2 :rolleyes: Ya's got enough there like. Have a sub each like. Matches most likely played on sundays but if am sure they could be rearranged till suit. Would like 1 round of matches played each week, don't neccesserially :confused: have to be sunday like.

Advertisement