Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!? NVIDIA GeForce 6800GS - Cannot install drivers!

Options
  • 25-01-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I installed my new 6800GS yesterday and I went straight to the NVIDIA website to get the latest drivers (Version: 81.98 I believe). But unfortunately, when I try installing these I get the following Error Message:

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

The drivers I got with the Graphics Card on the CD worked but they are not the latest (Version: 54.8).

What could be causing such problems? I was advised to run NVCleaner before installing the GeForce 6800GS but I don't think I should have, as the Graphics Card that was in there was also a GeForce (5800FX)... I think that's what could have fooked things up for me... What do you think?

Thank you on advance for your help! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

did you select the right section in the downloads as in drivers for "Geforce and TNT2"? The only thing i can think of is that you selcted the wrong ones.

Right click your background, click on properties go to settings, click on advanced, then adaptor and see what kind of card the system picks up.

Also what make was the gfx card, gainward, leadtech? etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

did you select the right section in the downloads as in drivers for "Geforce and TNT2"? The only thing i can think of is that you selcted the wrong ones.
    Yes. To be honest, I tried both sets of drivers. Neither worked...
    Right click your background, click on properties go to settings, click on advanced, then adaptor and see what kind of card the system picks up.
    Will do that as soon as I get home.
    Also what make was the gfx card, gainward, leadtech? etc.
    EVGA GeForce 6800 GS 256MB - AGP 8X

It's picking up "GeForce 6800 GS" which is correct... Still can't figure out why I can't install these bloody drivers though! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you tried earlier drivers (eg 7x.xx series)?

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Have you tried earlier drivers (eg 7x.xx series)?
    Dunno where to find 7x.xx but I did use the 54.8 that came on the CD...

Funnily enough, ForceWare Driver Version: 82.12 beta (for GeForce 6800 GS AGP) worked! So I'm using that at the moment... But using a beta isn't ideal IMO. I'd really like to find a way to install 81.98... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If there is a specific beta for GeForce 6800 GS AGP, it may imply that there is issues with the current release driver with respect to your card.

#Elites wrote:
    try the omega drivers...
    I thought Omega only did drivers for ATI? Could you please enlighten me? Thanks!

Inquitus wrote:
    If there is a specific beta for GeForce 6800 GS AGP, it may imply that there is issues with the current release driver with respect to your card.
    It's possible... To be honest they work ok but when I'm gaming sometimes the image flickers a little and I get sudden drops in fps too (could be related to connection lag but it never did that on my older PC). :(
    Could be the PC I'm using right now though... A bit "low spec" compared to the 6800GS...

#Elites wrote:
    http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Nvida GF> WinXP>there u go!
    I'll give that a bash this evening! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Did you fully remove and clean the old drivers before installing the new ones??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Might be worth trying EVGA's version of 81.98 drivers, since you say the older ones on the supplied driver cd worked for you.
    ftp://evga.com/8198XP2K.exe (I'm assuming you are running 32bit WinXP)

Advertisement