Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kentucky duck

Options
  • 25-01-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

In the same vein as this (and since I originally heard the 'butcher's version' — two rashers, two sausages and a small piece of black pudding, etc...)

Woman walks into a butcher's/poulterer's shop and asks the guy for a Kentucky duck.
    — 'Certainly, ma'am,' he replies, and pops backstage to the store room.
    — 'Boss,' he says, 'there's a woman out front who says she wants a Kentucky duck - what's that?'
    — 'Jaysus, I dunno,' says the boss. 'Give her one of those ones over there...'
    Guy goes back out front, plonks the thing up on the counter and is about to wrap it when the woman says 'Just a minute there, young man,' leans over, sticks two fingers up the duck's rear passage, pokes and prods around for a minute, and then declares: 'Sorry, but I'm afraid that's not a Kentucky duck!'

— 'I'm terribly sorry, ma'am — my mistake!' says the guy, and disappears again.
    — 'Boss, she says that's not a Kentucky duck — what do I do?'
    — 'Ah, give her one of those smaller ones over there, then,' says the boss.
    Same thing happens — the woman and prods around for a minute, then sighs: 'I'm sorry, but that's not a Kentucky duck either...!'

— 'I'm so awfully sorry, ma'am — just one moment!' says the guy, and retreats again.
    — 'Boss, she says this one's no good either!'
    — 'Jaysus, I dunno,' says the boss. 'Look, unwrap one of those new ones that just came in this morning and see if she's happy with that... we've no other kind.'

Guy goes through the same routine again, but this time, within a second of inserting the fingers, the woman smiles and says 'Ah, yes, now that's a Kentucky duck!' Relieved, the guy wraps up the duck for her and puts it on the counter.
    — 'That'll be €14 please, ma'am...'

As she's counting out her money, the woman says, kindly: 'You must be a bit new at the job, are you?'
    — 'Yes, ma'am, just started on Monday, as it happens...'
    — 'And are you from around here?'

Guy drops his pants, wheels around and splays his @rse up on the counter.
    — 'You tell me, lady...!' ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

eh.......sorta funny

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Em....i get it, and its funny(ish), but im not laughing

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Guess this is one of those 'visual' gags, best enacted in the pub in front of an already-pissed audience...:o
    But is it really worse than this? :confused:

Advertisement