Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician Costs

Options
  • 25-01-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

I have to/want to get extra tv points in my house. As far as i know its a tricky job because the wires have to be fed up through the walls (from downstairs to upstairs). Can anyone tell me what i am likely to pay approx? Should i start saving now :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

there are lots of wireless alternatives you could consider very affordable too

try this one €124.99 in argos ireland
    http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=4501&langId=-1&searchTerms=5342608&go.x=0&go.y=0
    http://www.digisender.net/_Europes_No1_Video_Sender_Company.html
    you can add additonal recivers for many different rooms
    this also means you can move the points around so your not stuck to one point in a room and much much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Can you not go wireless? there are a lot of TV senders available now.
    just plug in to the aerial and put the receiver next to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks a million guys, call me thick but i never knew such a thing even existed. I have the digital channels in my sitting room, would i be able to get these in another room??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Should checkout Aldi,they had those wireless tv senders a little while back,seen loads of them in Palmerstown branch.They were €39 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

mel123 wrote:
    Thanks a million guys, call me thick but i never knew such a thing even existed. I have the digital channels in my sitting room, would i be able to get these in another room??

yes that would be no problem thats what most ppl use the for but you can only watch the same channel on all the tv's. most senders have the ability to send ir from you remote back to ur digi box so u can change channel from the other room too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Ntl do once off payments for installations of extra tv points that are clean dedicated signals straight from their splitter outside the house...
    i even as a sparks will recomend clients to go the ntl route..if they have that option..

Advertisement