Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: 2X12 - "Fire + Water" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Liked the part about claire seeing horses, everyone seeing walt, but charlie has one little hallucination and he's on the smack. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

robinph wrote:
    The accent for Charlies mum was very dodgy and I couldn't quite place where she was supposed to be from, they must be short of actors with British accents in Hawaii at the moment. They over did it a bit on the flag painted in the apartment that they were living in as well, and with all the Union Jacks graffiti on the walls near the tube I was thinking that maybe it was actually Tower Hamlets where they were living and the BNP had a by-election coming up. ;)

Charlie Mun was supposed to Irish im sure.

and the OTT apartment was supposed to show Driveshafts ego-extravagance and the money they once had to lash out on designer apartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

well i musr say bar the last 2 episodes this one excluded this season has been well below my expectations i dont know if this is as a result of high expectations following season 1 or poor scripts but personally overall ive been disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Yeah....it was a bit ****.:v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Guessing i'm one of the only ones who enjoyed this episode..

Anyways, look at the image below:

[IMG]http://sier_element.home.comcast.net/charlie_plane.gif[/IMG]

More and more shows seem to be doing this. A little hi-def only feature in the episode (which Damon referenced in his podcast):

You can clearly see a plane on the left side crashing (far left just above the trees). Right when it "crashes" (you'll hear the noise), the dove appears and flies toward Charlie.

Nothing too spectacular but a little easter egg all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

I thought it was probably the worst episode of Lost ever, but that probably makes the episode sound worse than it actually was. I gave it a 6/10.
    There were some parts in it that I liked, the dreams with Charlie were pretty well done I thought, and I am really beginning to dislike Locke, I think Clare could sort of see were Charlie was coming from and showed this by baptising the baby and herself at the end.
    I am also wondering is Ecko really a priest? There is no reason that I can think of that makes me think that he is priest other that the fact that he said it, but I didn't believe him.
    The way Locke kept the drugs as well worries me about his very sinister side and I am hoping that the next Locke flashback might tell us a bit more about why he is becoming like this.

Hopefully the 2 week break will be worth it and we will get a really good episode that will fill us in on were Micheal is and some more about this army that they are going to build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

digiman wrote:
    Hopefully the 2 week break will be worth it and we will get a really good episode that will fill us in on were Micheal is and some more about this army that they are going to build.

what the ****! there is a 2 week break!! what kind of bull **** is that. Rubbish i tells ya, rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

basquille wrote:
    Guessing i'm one of the only ones who enjoyed this episode..

Anyways, look at the image below:

[IMG]http://sier_element.home.comcast.net/charlie_plane.gif[/IMG]

More and more shows seem to be doing this. A little hi-def only feature in the episode (which Damon referenced in his podcast):

You can clearly see a plane on the left side crashing (far left just above the trees). Right when it "crashes" (you'll hear the noise), the dove appears and flies toward Charlie.

Nothing too spectacular but a little easter egg all the same!

i saw this perfectly the first time i saw the episode on my crappy dell monitor :rolleyes: and i saw it better too :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

k

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

i saw this perfectly the first time i saw the episode on my crappy dell monitor :rolleyes: and i saw it better too :confused:

It's not like with 3d glasses, you'll still see an image transferred in hd on a normal screen (otherwise alot of sky users will be very upset when they go hd this year). You just won't have the depth and clarity that a hd signal received on a hdtv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I gave this a 4 :mad:

Some great shots of Locke (the 180 degree spin shot) and Charlie at the piano by the sea but all in all they need to start moving things a bit better or Im going to switch off or care a whole lot less.

This was the first Lost episode I can remember in some time (if at all) where theere was no concrete cliffhanger that made me wanna tune in again next week.

And did someone say they're taking another bloody break?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Some great shots of Locke (the 180 degree spin shot)

That'd be a hark back to the end of "Tabula Rasa" when they did a sinister shot of him watching the others at the end of the Joe Purdy song. (Did anyone ever manage to find that entire song, by the way?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

And did someone say they're taking another bloody break?!?!
    Judging by the U.S. schedule for season 1 there will be another break or two before the end of the season. Last year there was a one week break at the end of January, a three week break in March and another three weaak break in April.

Anima wrote:
    I thought what Libby said about the washing machine being newer than everything else was interesting, I wonder what it means.
    I spotted it in the first episode of season two - It looks like the Dyson Contrarotator. It's got two drums which rotate in opposite directions - there could be something in this with respect to theories about the show.

Talisman wrote:
    I spotted it in the first episode of season two - It looks like the Dyson Contrarotator. It's got two drums which rotate in opposite directions - there could be something in this with respect to theories about the show.

That's got to be related to the electromagnetic theory... Maybe a single drum spinning one way would have enough power in it to throw off the Dharma efforts to maintain the island and 'control' events. But if that's the case, they could've just given them a washbasin and a mangle. I wonder if this the reason they're inputting the numbers on an ancient computer - would a new one with current design hard drives cause a similar electromagnetic disturbance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yep Lost is getting really annoying, slow as hell and getting boring too..

If theres is more than 3 series this show will be nothing more then a joke.

I've lost the "lost" buzz and its very sad. Those Thursdays are not like
    they used to be because the show has been heading on a downward
    spiral for the past 4 weeks.

doh.ie wrote:
    I wonder if this the reason they're inputting the numbers on an ancient computer - would a new one with current design hard drives cause a similar electromagnetic disturbance?
    The computer is not to be used for anything other than entering the numbers.

No point in having the latest offering from the likes of Dell as it might get infested with spyware and end up crashing the system and the world might end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

doh.ie wrote:
    * Also very much liked the throwaway line (Lost is great at doing this) about the washing machine being newer than most of the other equipment. This suggests Dharma's been visiting relatively recently and doing some delivering...

Desmond was waiting for his replacement to arrive when we met him This could mean some Dharma people will visit the island soon. Could make a good end-of-season cliffhanger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

which episode are they repeating this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

nummnutts wrote:
    which episode are they repeating this week?
    The excellent episode 'Numbers' from Season 1...

... one of the fan favourites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

cheers man.

basquille wrote:
    The excellent episode 'Numbers' from Season 1...

... one of the fan favourites!

Their choice of repeats are often intended to refresh our memories on important events for upcoming episodes, though with a Hurley episode already this season (2x04), it's not likely he has another so soon. Could this mean a Libby flashback is coming up? (I'm suggesting, by the way - don't actually want to know whose flashback is next!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

doh.ie wrote:
    * The dreams were good (how freaky were the religious apparitions at first? His mother also descended into a wonky Irish accent at that point!), but the Charlie motivations were qutie poor (considering he *wasn't* on drugs).

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this..:
    http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/v/verocchi/painting/baptism.html
    Aaron as the second Christ anyone?

OR maybe the plane crash is their baptism.... the plane crashes and the dove (& shadow) appear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Aaron as the second Christ anyone?

OR maybe the plane crash is their baptism.... the plane crashes and the dove (& shadow) appear...
    [/QUOTE]

theres no mistake in that they had a dove n all....i wonder waht they're getting at there besides the obvious?

Advertisement