Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Waterford still not upgraded??

• 25-01-2006 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone in Waterford is still waiting for the BB to be upgraded. I got a call from BT this morning to say some Waterford people would only be upgraded today.

I wonder if he was telling me porkies...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

All my friends have been upgraded Trotter. I'm on NTL so I can't tell you myself, but all the lads I know on Esat have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

dlofnep wrote:
    All my friends have been upgraded Trotter. I'm on NTL so I can't tell you myself, but all the lads I know on Esat have been.

Cheers John, I had a feeling. Time to open a can of whoopass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No problem bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Trotter wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone in Waterford is still waiting for the BB to be upgraded. I got a call from BT this morning to say some Waterford people would only be upgraded today.

I wonder if he was telling me porkies...

I'm gettin the 2megs here and im on the same exchange as you iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

I'm in Waterford on BT and haven't been upgraded yet, still only on the 1meg connection. I asked them about it through the "ask a question" section on their website but haven't got a reply. Someone on another thread said all the exchanges won't be finished upgrading until Feb 6th, so I'm not sure whether to wait until then before ringing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Im still on one smelly meg!!! :mad:

yup did the same i emailed their "customer support" but never got a reply back

I'm gettin the 2megs here and im on the same exchange as you iirc

Im on BT though.. that could be something to do with it. Im hounding them anyways.. I'll get my extra meg eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm with UTV and they upped the speeds at the same time as Eircom, pity they hav'nt improved the download caps...

Mike.

Trotter wrote:
    Im on BT though.. that could be something to do with it. Im hounding them anyways.. I'll get my extra meg eventually!

Yep, as I said i'm on Digiweb, but sher tis all the same Eircom Bitstream product. I don't see any reason why you'd be left out.

Yep, as I said i'm on Digiweb, but sher tis all the same Eircom Bitstream product. I don't see any reason why you'd be left out.

Yeah that sounds right. Its frustrating when all the BT tech support ever do is blame eircom. Their answer to everything is.. " We need to contact eircom " when I know for a fact that the exchange is good to go on 2meg. BT just wont listen though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Trotter wrote:
    Yeah that sounds right. Its frustrating when all the BT tech support ever do is blame eircom. Their answer to everything is.. " We need to contact eircom " when I know for a fact that the exchange is good to go on 2meg. BT just wont listen though.

Have ya got NTL cable?:)

Freddie59 wrote:
    Have ya got NTL cable?:)

Im moving house in about 6 weeks, and I will have then. You reckon NTL are better?

Trotter wrote:
    Im moving house in about 6 weeks, and I will have then. You reckon NTL are better?

Yes! Think that's the general concencus. Especially when they up their speds later on in the year.

Switch to them, use blueface for VoIP and ditch the phone line. That's what i'd do, except i'm nowhere near an NTL cable.

Advertisement