Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Genre?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

This has been annoying me for a while now, what Genre would the likes of Damien Rice, Jose Gonzalez, Jack Johnson and Paddy Casey fall into?

I would imagine Acoustic Rock or Folk-Rock, most internet searches only seem to turn up Rock which is complete b*****.

Dont know why this is annoying me so much but I'm looking for a second opinion I suppose!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

what difference does it make? Genre spotting has got to be one of the biggest waste of times.
    Folk rock I would say is closest but as rock is the genre above that to call it rock would be accurate. The genre thing is really a waste of time name a boroc-pop act. My music player labeled a band that which is laughable as a genre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what difference does it make? Genre spotting has got to be one of the biggest waste of times.

for sure. werent Madonna, Kylie Minogue, The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers all up for the same dance music award at the EMA's a few years back. its a joke really

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

singer/songwriter imo... or acoustic bitch pop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

dceire wrote:
    Damien Rice and Paddy Casey !

Try the bland stagnant tripe forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Definitley. If all of an act's material can be classified like that then there's probably not much to them.
    I'd say acoustic rock to answer the OP's question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

Meh, I've them in as Alt-Folk in my player. I tend to lump artists into made up genres. Genre doesn't matter muchly to me, people who go on about the differences between the 'genres' of, say, black metal, death metal and heavy metal have always confused me.

Advertisement