Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What movie was this song in?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Please Help, I am loosing my mind trying to think of what movie the "Holding on for a Hero" song was in!

Its a simple question and I know someone here will know.

Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Footloose if you mean the Bonnie Tyler song (I need a hero) otherwise Spiderman if you mean the Nickelback song - Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Also as memorable in 'Short Circuit 2'

EDIT: Just in there before ya, John! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Kali wrote:
    Footloose if you mean the Bonnie Tyler song (I need a hero)

This was also in one of the Short Circuit movies (the first if I remember correctly).

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Yes I'm refering to the Bonnie Tyler song. Not sure I remember the Footloose movie and although I definetly remember the short circuit movies I don't remember that song being in it, I'll have to find a copy and have a quick flick through it.

Anyone have any other movies? I am sure there must be others that featured this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

According to Wikipedia, it was on soundtracks to:
    # Footloose 1984 track Holding Out for a Hero (US #1)
    # Short Circuit 2 1988 track Holding Out for a Hero
    # Who's Harry Crumb? 1989 track Holding Out for a Hero
    # Bandits 2001 tracks Holding Out for a Hero and Total Eclipse of the Heart (US #165, top soundtracks #15)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Shrek two had a character singing it, and Frou Frou did a cover version for the soundtrack, which may or may not have been in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I think it might have been the theme tune for a tv series of the same name in the mid 80's
    Cant be sure though someone else might remember .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

well i can verify that it is on the footloose soundtrack. i'm sure its appeared in numerous subsequent movies too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

meldrew wrote:
    I think it might have been the theme tune for a tv series of the same name in the mid 80's
    Cant be sure though someone else might remember .

it wasn't of the same name. The show was called "Cover Up" and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bonnie Tyler singing the theme tune as I think she covered it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I don't know why but I just have different visualls in my head then the movies mentioned above. It is defenitly the "I need a hero" song wether Bonnie was singing it I can't be sure. Was there a music video of it? Maybe that is what I am think off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement