Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for a game of Rugby? .....

Options
  • 25-01-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Grounded rugger six offside as planes are landing
    Pat Flynn

SIX workers have been suspended by a company at Shannon Airport after they were found playing rugby on a ramp close to aircraft.

The ramp staff, employed by an international ground handling agent, Servisair, were spotted on Sunday afternoon by the captain of a Ryanair flight which had just landed.

The aircraft was taxi-ing past the workers at the time and the matter was immediately reported by the pilot to air traffic control and airport operations staff.

It is understood the incident was also captured on airport CCTV cameras.

The incident occurred the day after Munster beat Sale Sharks at Thomond Park to qualify for a home quarter-final in the Heineken European Cup.

One worker at Shannon said: "It was an amazing performance and a great win so everyone was in high spirits.

"But playing rugby airside was a bit much alright."

What would happen to a rugby ball going in one end of a jet engine and coming out the other end .... :confused: .....

suppose it would be puntured and ruined :(

at the very least .... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

hobie wrote:
    What would happen to a rugby ball going in one end of a jet engine and coming out the other end .... :confused: .....

suppose it would be puntured and ruined :(

at the very least .... ;)

I'd expect so yes........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

no id say it would be perfect, not even a scratch

(sarcasm)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

no id say it would be perfect, not even a scratch
    (sarcasm)!

I must really read up on the use of ";) " in my posts ..... my understanding of it's use may well be off base to some ..... :)

on a more serious note .... anything loose around an airport (airside) is certainly a deadly serious matter .... at the very least it can wreck an engine .... and can be much worse ....

An experienced aircraft engineer dropped a cap last week during a 737 engine run-up for test purposes (in the U.S. I hasten to add) ..... he reached out to grab it .... he and the cap went through the engine .....
    I need not go into further details but you can imagine the carnage ...... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i was only messing 2 man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

i was only messing 2 man

O-key-Doke ...... :p

I rem a school teacher that rammed "sarcasm" down our throats as being "the lowest form of wit" and ever since it's been like a "red flag to a bull" to me ..... :(

I'll never forgive her .... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement