Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats it worth??

Options
  • 25-01-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Any ideas how much a '96 Starlet with 65k on the clock, one owner and in very good condition would be worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I was thinking something along the lines of a straight swap for a packet of wine gums until I checked the going rate on autozone.ie. They seem to be asking in them most between €6-8k. What they get is a different matter 'spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

6-8K LMFAO.

Maybe 2-3k, I certainly wouldn't pay any more than 2k. There seems to be more and more stigma about cars over 10 old these days, some insurance companies refuse to quote on them so in a year or two that Starlet will be worth SFA.

Good luck to the OP if they can get 6-8k for it though.

Personally I have no problem with 10-15 year old cars but the main appeal is that they can be bought for pocket change and if clever/lucky can be run for next to nothing for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

500-1500 depending on if it has an nct, ul probably get nothing trading it in, with them offering u the usual cash discount, so try sell privately

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say you'd get as much as €2,500-€3,000 if the car's right, these cars have a following.

anyone who expects to get 6 grand for a Starlet hasn't heard of the Yaris or depreciation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

El Tel was probably looking at turbo starlets/glanza's which for that year fetch between 6 - 8 grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cayenne wrote:
    Any ideas how much a '96 Starlet with 65k on the clock, one owner and in very good condition would be worth?

If it is the 1990 to 1996 old model Starlet then you might get around €2k for it. If it is the newer model Starlet (ie the one just before the Yaris)then you may get a few hundred euros more.

These Starlets are pretty indestructible as there are plenty of late 1980 models still flying around plus all those nuns cannot be wrong! :D You should have no problem selling it.

Advertisement