Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I too late?

• 25-01-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd appreciate opinions on the following problem I have. It's somewhat complex so bear with me:

A while ago I met this wonderful girl who I found to be amazing in every way possible. We went out for drinks and after a couple of dates I found out that while she had a boyfriend they were taking a break. I normally wouldn't go near a girl with a bf but, and I know this sounds hackneyed but I felt it was worth the jealousy etc.

Eventually it became too much to bear and I told her that I couldn't handle it anymore. That day is one I'll never forget. Despite everything I felt like a complete bastard for the pain I caused her, I felt selfish and stupid. Still do.

We bumped into each other recently and went for drinks. I don't think I gave the greatest of impressions being very tired and under medication and despite saying we should go out again she's now not answering my texts. The boyfriend is still there but I get the feeling she's not that happy with him either. I've heard rumours about him but I guess that's none of my business.

Any suggestions about what I do? I haven't stopped thinking about her since I met her but I really don't want to screw this up a second time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

If she was on a break she was not going out with the other guy at that time.

Is she still "on a break"? When ye met again who said ye should go out again?

You say she's not answering texts, so what happened when you called her. You have called her haven't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

to be honest man i wouldnt go near a girl whos "on a break". it too much like rebound territory.
    if you really think you can make a go of it its NEVER too late, hell the girl im after has been dancing around me for several years but we STILL seem to end up with other so theres always hope. but i WOULDNT get involved if the boyfriends still on the scene, its just a disaster waiting to happen

as to the texts, she may be out of credit. IT HAPPENS :D dont over analyze the text situation, it'll just wreck your head. you made the first move so wait and see what happens next:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hi,

I'd appreciate opinions on the following problem I have. It's somewhat complex so bear with me:

A while ago I met this wonderful girl who I found to be amazing in every way possible. We went out for drinks and after a couple of dates I found out that while she had a boyfriend they were taking a break. I normally wouldn't go near a girl with a bf but, and I know this sounds hackneyed but I felt it was worth the jealousy etc.

Eventually it became too much to bear and I told her that I couldn't handle it anymore. That day is one I'll never forget. Despite everything I felt like a complete bastard for the pain I caused her, I felt selfish and stupid. Still do.

We bumped into each other recently and went for drinks. I don't think I gave the greatest of impressions being very tired and under medication and despite saying we should go out again she's now not answering my texts. The boyfriend is still there but I get the feeling she's not that happy with him either. I've heard rumours about him but I guess that's none of my business.

Any suggestions about what I do? I haven't stopped thinking about her since I met her but I really don't want to screw this up a second time.

phone her and stop fúcking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Yeah call her up and stop ****ing around.

But also, why are you so hung up on her if she's already with someone? And why did this cause her so much pain? You didn't mention hoiw long they'd been together, if it was a sort time, the fair enough she got clsoe to you and was hurt. but if it was a long time, i'd question the qisdom of chasing someone who got attached to easily.

Also if the boyfriend is still int he picture....is it possible you're being messed around a wee bit? Sorry for playing devil's advocate, but I think it's worth thinking about.

But yeah, ring her.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

i wouldn't go near a girl who is "on a break" from her bf,,, but if you really like her then just call her and find out what she wants to do,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Ruhan

A lot of these sorts of questions would not be asked if phones didn't allow SMS text messages.

Use the phone for what it was originally intended for, and call the person up.

Bloody text messages shít me to tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Whatever about the original dates when she was on a break, I think you should leave well enough alone now.

If she wants to leave him she will and if she wants to talk to you she'll reply to your texts etc.

Unfortunately it takes two to tango and while you might want her, its not looking good the other way?

Its not a nice situation but for now I think you should try to forget about it. If something happens, then great.

Advertisement