Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Test!!!

• 25-01-2006 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

BT Upgrade is so annoying, just spent the past 30minutes on the phone, they checked the line and nothing came up so now they have to send an engineer out to the exchange to check the line, they said it would be either friday or monday before i hear back from them.

Heres the test, how long do you think it'll take them to check the line from the exchange?
    This is a chance for BT to redeem themselves!!!

I'll keep you updated, once i hear something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Well, actually its a test of how long it takes eircom to do it for BT...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Well, actually its a test of how long it takes eircom to do it for BT...
    True but it depends also on BT sending it over to Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I'm sure that this makes sense to somebody. Maybe it's me but you've lost me :confused:

Valentia wrote:
    I'm sure that this makes sense to somebody. Maybe it's me but you've lost me :confused:
    I mean the reqest has to be sent from BT to Eircom to get a line test done in the Crumlin exchange. With work with (ESAT)BT before, i know how long it takes them to do anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Well I have been synched at 3072/288!

Did speed tests on Irishisptest and got a constant 2.60mbps download but had a range from 160-190kbps on the upload :( .

There must be something wrong there as that download is about as good as you get with eircombitstream (2.6/3=87%)....so why is it that I cant get my full 384Kbit upload?

Will have to ring BT tomorrow and bitch I'd say!!!

• Advertisement

Im getting 2.57mb/0.314mb on the speed test its ment to be 3mb/0.384mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

2.57/0.314 is pretty much as good as you get!

Im not going to go through the maths here but believe me you have a fairly solid connection there...at least your getting the upload your paying for!!!

Advertisement