Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castleforbes square dublin 1

Options
  • 25-01-2006 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi i bought an apartment in castleforbes square in dublin last year. its just nearly ready for me to move into now. All of a sudden the developer has came back to me via the estate agent. they have offered me the marketing suite if i will let them have the apartment i bought. I have paid my deposit already. I asked them why they want my apartment and they say that there is a problem and they cannot close for a long time, 24months?? this is nonsense because i have snagged my aptmt already unknown to the estate agents when they approached me, and it is fine, no structural defects etc?

what the hell is going on here?why do they want my aptmt so badly?
    does anyone know any reasons for this?
    the developer is danninger or aka zoe developments. the estate agents are hooke and macdonald.

I would be interested to hear any theroies

armaghman@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

is your apartment larger or have a better view or something? tell them to feck off unless you wanna let it to them and say you will contact your solicitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 armaghman23

I was out today at the apartments before i went to work, i had a meeting with the estate agent at hooke and macdonald. He didnt show but he had the site manager come and show me around the show apartment. They propose to let me have it at no extra cost with all the fixtures,i.e laminate floor and fridge dish washer, washing machine etc. I dont like the show apartment one little bit, dont like the fit out, or shape of the apartment, although it is bigger than mine by 50sqft. it is a horrible shape and I told them to forget about it. When i rang the estate agent to tell him this he tried to convince me that if they were to put the show aptment on the mkt it would be going on at 650k. If thats the case il do mine up nicer than the show house and let it on the market.

I told them to forget it, im going to let my solicitor at them. They still wont say why they cant close on the deal. I was out at my apartment and had a look around after i finished up in the show apt. it was finished to perfection, no structural faults etc. ready to fit out as now. I will let the solicitor find out whats going on. I would only move apartments if they offer me lots of cash plus another 3 bedroom apartment. Il will just sit tight for now because it is obviously important to them that i take another apartment. Why else would they offer me the show apt?

Il keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm moving this to Accomodation/Property. Should be more responces there.

Sounds like an odd situation to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

is there a difference in the views or anything like that?

Have you put down a binding deposit or just a booking deposit?

Think about your strategic options here. The reality is that if the builder doesn't want you to have that apartment, he can make life very awkward for you.

If you're not having any joy, I would head down to Hooke's on Baggot St. and ask (politely) to speak to someone who can explain to you what exactly the problem is with your chosen apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

I've just bought in Castleforbes.... what happened/is happening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 userid

armaghman what ever happened to your apt?? Did you move in or take the show one?

Advertisement