Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Disk for Creative Zen Jukebox

Options
  • 25-01-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

A Chairde,

Me Jukebox gave up at Christmas, went into rescue mode and could do nothing as it was a "harddisk problem" .......

Have opened up the Jukebox and removed the disk, it is a Fujitsu MHT2030AT (30 Gb), and am going to replace it.

They have a 80 Gb MHT2080AT , this is £20 sterling extra, anybody experience of upgrading HD is your MP3 Players ??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

do a bit of a google search and you'll find lots on it. prob with them is i think theres a limit to how many mp3s the os for the zen can hold, so once you get to it you cant fill it more, thinks its round the 15,000 mark, i'm not sure tho. the processs isnt too easy unless you know your way round the pc, ya have to mirror tho old hd or download an image of it onto the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭celt2005

Nice One Mele,

Most MP3s I have are large (100+ meg) , so that would,nt be a problem, will check out some more , and get back to ya with result.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

good luck , i did it on the first creative mp3 players, went from 6 gig to 50gig, was good while it lasted, hard drive spin up/down times = battery lfe malarky no end. it was something i don't envy anyone trying but worth it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

i had the same hard drive problem in my zen xtra 30gig so i upgraded the disk to a 60 and ive had no problems at all. its an easy job, but just make sure you use the right sized screwdriver coz i ringed one of the screws takin it out!

havnt come across any mp3 problems and i have filled it to capacity.

Advertisement