Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shaver

Options
  • 25-01-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

Whats the story with electric shavers(good expencive ones) does anyone know. Im thinking of getting one but dont want to splash out if the thing dosent work.
    I consider myself to have thick facial hair that grows redicusly fast and am sick of using razors to shave it. Anything less than a Mach3 leaves my face looking like something out of a horror film and even shaving every day with that can be a painfull expierence.
    I bought a cheap electric shaver years ago but I found it to be absolutly useless. Thats why im weary of splashing out on an expencive one.
    So im asking for peoples expierences with electric shavers and what models are good for daily use.

thanks
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have a remington and it works fine, was about €60-80 in the sales reduced from over 100 a few years ago. Before I had a cheapo one for years. The new one said it may be harsh for the first month and I may get a rash. I thought I would be fine as my old one was so blunt. But it did cause a rash the first few times. It is fine now unless I go say 4 days without shaving, then it really tears into the hairs. If you shave every day you are perfectly fine, no pain or rash. The trick is to go fairly slow and not push it too hard against the face, and go with the hairs at first.

the battery has run down a bit and I only get about 3 shaves per charge, it can work off mains even if it runs down further. I would like one with replaceable AA's if there is one.
    it saves a lot of time and hassle, I dont know why people would use blades, they cost a fortune these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YouNeek

I'm the same - thick facial hair, grows fast.

I bought an expensive razor (~ 250 in Ireland, got it abroad for ~ 200) a couple of years back, and still found it to be crap. It was a good razor - goo d battery life, LCD display, 3 blades, pop it open and wash under the tap to clean, etc.

Manual said to use for 4-6 weeks to allow your skin to adjust. After 6 weeks, I wasn't getting a good shave, and it hurt. I still prefer a wet shave. Supplier in Ireland gave me a refund, even though it was bought abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Thanks for the replys guys. I was thinking of spending around the 200 mark myself. I wonder where I could get one that I could leave back if it was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not many places unfortunately, argos have no 16 day limit due to hygene. I think the 4 weeks of pain is worth it. It really was only when it was very long in my case, live 4 days or so. In that case I know just shave with a head razor with no blade on it. Gives you a nice close fast "permastubble" just looks like one days growth and after doing it I can shave with the proper electric one easily.

Advertisement