Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurosat needs to be made public.

Options
  • 25-01-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Is there a possibilty please if this forum could be made public. I am a member of it and since its creation its simply not getting enough traffic. Not enough people have access to the forum so thats why its lacking, so maybe it could be moved to the public category or the ICDG category.

Thanking You

Willem D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if its private, why dont you give access to people, and then it will have more traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Oh people can be granted access no problem by pming Hagar. It isn't any sort of secret society or something its just that not enough people know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Meh! what is Eurosat?

Eurosat is forum for the discusion on European satellite systems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

stupid question time.

what is it ?
    where is it advertised/announced ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Anybody who has asked for access has been granted it.
    The Forum just needs a higher profile and a few more posts from the people who asked for it in the first place.

I have taken the liberty of adding anybody who posted on this thread to the access list. If you want to be taken off please PM.

Please read the charter before posting. Thank you.

It needs to be placed in a more prominent category.

I PMed Cloud on this earlier today I am just waiting until he gets a chance to consider the available options.

Well hopefully it will be sorted by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

viewable, but password protected?, would that work
    or viewable on the java menu, like the sex/sexuality forum?

• Advertisement

That would be a good idea indeed sparks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Why is it private anyway? That's usually the remain of sekrit societies, slydice and so on.

I think originally there was some legality issues.

I think the last line of Hagars post said it would be ok
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50510615&postcount=1

why is it really private anyways, there is nothing illegal on it, the discussion of copying cards is not allowed on it.

I can only suppose there is an element of caution on the part of the Admins.
    If it could be shown that the forum could operate within the boundaries it was given perhaps in time the forum could earn people's trust and become like any other.

Hagar wrote:
    I can only suppose there is an element of caution on the part of the Admins.
    If it could be shown that the forum could operate within the boundaries it was given perhaps in time the forum could earn people's trust and become like any other.

Hagar im not sure if it makes a difference, but the text for your forum in your sig is in black text, so many users like myself actually dont see it as easily, on the cloud skin

Good point...

No dice on the advertising space then... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i am not sure that making it viewable to the world will make it more popular.

but sure, stick it in with the technology or science forums and you may get some additional interest.

but really, to get people to go to a forum, it has to be interesting.

an empty forum gathers no posts....

believe me, it took me about 4 years to get the work forum into a popular forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Why not make it like Faceplant - i.e. initially public but eventually private?

• Advertisement

faceplant has been public for ages now.

Faceplant was always public. That's why I said initially :rolleyes:
    AFAIK it's intended to be private at some stage...

Good bit of interest. 9 new sign ups in the last 24 hours. Maybe the sig helps.

I'm still not allowed :( So much for all who post in this thread... :rolleyes: :p

Willem D wrote:
    I think originally there was some legality issues.

Originally?? What changed

TBH as WWM said to make it work you have to put some work into it.
    The weather board was dead for ages, its now the busiest in the science section and far busier than many boards here.

Eurosat is private for the reasons outlined when it was created.
    I cant speak for Ronan (ICDG) but you can pm him if ye wish.I know his stated views are that he does not want to discuss any service not meant to be viewed legally in Ireland or Britain.
    He doesnt have a problem with people using signatures to advertise the board.

Hagar you might want to contact ICDG privately and suggest that a locked sticky refering to your board be put up on the sat board.
    I dont know whether Ronan would agree to that though as the ICDG boards are his babies,he started them and ultimately grew them.
    That took a bit of work too.

Ronan has built up a fine set of Forums without doubt. I am sure it took a lot of dedication and hard work.They are a credit to him and his team of Mods.

I haven't asked for a sticky because it might be thought of as cheeky and I don't want to cause offence.

As an active Sigpo Gestapo member I am fairly sure my sig does not breach any rules for either size or content. After all I'm only drawing attention to another Forum on Boards. Many people do this already. Fair enough my sig is large but other posters suggested that my previous one was too discreet. I'll make it smaller in time. Feel free to copy it into you sig if you like, make it smaller if you want to.

Well I think it should maybe as WWM said be put in Technology maybe under the consumer electronics category.

WizZard wrote:
    Faceplant was always public. That's why I said initially :rolleyes:
    AFAIK it's intended to be private at some stage...

yeah sorry miss read your post, i assumed it was private untill i was logged out and tried to head to drD's office and i seen Faceplant. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement