Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting additions put on your teeth

• 25-01-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've been told I can get additions put on my teeth to fill in some small gaps between them. Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Dublin area for this?

Thanks

Nala

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

While I cant recommend a dentist personally somebody else may be able to. If you have gaps between your teeth there are several options.
    1. Do nothing, if its not a big concern to you don't do anything. Everyones smile is individual gaps and all.
    2. White filling material can be placed between the teeth to fill the gaps. Cheaper and a good option but: it has to be done really well so you can clean properly between you teeth, white filling tends to stain over time, white filling can be leaky and don't look as good as porcelain.
    3. Porcelain veneers, fingernail thick pieces of porcelain are bonded to the teeth. More expensive, better looking and longer lasting but cost more.
    4. Crowns, a porcelain hat over the prepared tooth. Looks good, costs are high, involves preparing the tooth a fair bit (good if the teeth have big fillings already or decay).

Thinks carefully about it because once you start putting restorations onto teeth you are lock into a cycle of getting them replaced every 8-10 year or so depending on the restoration. If the teeth are damaged, decayed, root treated you may not have another option. If they have no fillings weight to pros versus the cons.

Good luck

Advertisement