Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one from Kildare/ Newbridge?

Options
  • 25-01-2006 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Any one here from Kildare town or surrounding areas?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I used to live in Naas up until last year, and still visit it a fair bit from time to time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Keara

Yeah, in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

From Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

newbridge, yay land of disastorous traffic schemes and ruined roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

caff wrote:

I heard that it was still a couple of years ahead of Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

caff wrote:

Yeah, but to make an omelette you have to break some eggs.
    In two months time you will have a great new shopping centre and the associated infrastructure to go with it, all the traffic chaos will be forgotten about and you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.
    Be Patient!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Going home in the evenings it takes me the same amount of time to get from Xtra Vision cark park to the Ballymany roundabout as it used to take me to get from where the new council offices are in Naas to the Portarlington Rd. in Monasterevin!

It's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Chopperdog wrote:
    Yeah, but to make an omelette you have to break some eggs.
    In two months time you will have a great new shopping centre and the associated infrastructure to go with it, all the traffic chaos will be forgotten about and you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.
    Be Patient!:)

somehow I doubt it will fix the traffic chaos.Have you seen what the road layout is? they just put in three sets of traffic lights and they expect that to fix everything. They whitewater will just increase the of traffic coming into the town with botlenecks at the lights going around the town. They really need to get that second bridge through but it wont be started for another 2 years at least.

Who ever put those traffic lights in at Tescos/ McDonalds should be shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Keara

Hey Ay Cee,
    You are of the Gudmen. I'm looking forward to seeing you play tomorrow night.
    Enjoyed the little bit on Tuesday.

Keara,

(A friend of Dr. Stu)

• Advertisement

I am indeed he of The Gudmen. Glad you enjoyed Tuesday night.
    Tuesday was only a warm up for tomorrow night though. ;)

Any friend of Stu's is a friend of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Ay Cee wrote:
    Any one here from Kildare town or surrounding areas?

Just wondering.

Yeah, from Newbridge aswell. I don't mind the roadworks tbh, it's not having a cinema in the town for another 2 years that's pissing me off ... :mad:

Is it 2 years?! Jesus I was wondering why every one was getting so worked up over it. i thought it was just a few months or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Yeah, it's going to be 2008 before we get a cinema in the town. It's not going to be in the main shopping centre, across the road (J.L Bradshaws) instead.

There is a protest in the works (or did that happen already?).

Not just about the cinema, but all the promises/commitments the company building the shopping centre went back on. I only got the gist of it anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kildare town here origionally,Monasterevin now.
    Spent lots of time in Newbridge,worked there,drank there,danced there :)
    Traffic crazy and going to get worse.
    Even this minute my wife is milling around behind me getting things together to do some shopping,traffic is turning her off Newbridge so shes talking about Portlaoise instead.

The protest is today if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I'm a Kildare man too DC. Where are you from?

Tullamore is picking up for me now, living in Port as I do. I noticed an Argos going in there soon too. Where Tescos/ Atlantic/ Burger King is. No need to go into the town at all.

Im from Rowanville,just as you head out of town on Dublin side.
    Only my brother living there now in family home.
    What part are you from?
    Yeah Tullamore is great now.
    Between Newbridge,Portlaoise,Tullamore and Carlow theres no need to travel to Dublin any more tbh.

Is your surname Culletin? I'm assuming from the Cully you're one of the AC/ DC brothers? :) Declan is it?
    I think I may know you, well used to YEARS ago anyway. I used to live down in Rowanville years ago but moved to Bishopsland.

Is your surname Culletin? I'm assuming from the Cully you're one of the AC/ DC brothers? Declan is it?
    I think I may know you, well used to YEARS ago anyway. I used to live down in Rowanville years ago but moved to Bishopsland.

Ooh ****e you know me,before you say it i was a little fooker when i was younger :P
    Yep im Damien Culleton my brother is Alan hence the AC/DC :)
    Bishopsland eh?
    Let me think?
    your a Clarke?,maybe a Doyle?
    You have my attention now :)

EDIT,just checked your Gudmen.com site,nice site you got there ALAN Clarke :)
    I quessed correct,knew it had to be yourself or Davey Doyle:)
    Hows it going?
    Small world eh,hows your family Alan?

me rambles off to download your tiger lillies vid :)

Edit no 2:
    jaysus Alan i just checked out the why video.
    Powerful stuff there,great lyrics and most of all i knew all three lads well,not ashamed to admit it brought an ould tear to me eye.
    Some nice footage of the town,very nice video and a great tribute to the lads,fair play to ya.
    btw is that Deckie Gorman bopping away near end of the vid?

Ah in fairness man I moved out of Rowanville when I was around 7 so you'll forgive me gettin' your name wrong :D I wouldn't mind but I knew Declan didn't sound right when I wrote it.

On a side note - we were all little fookers back then ;)

We were doing a gig in Tops the other night and Diddlers was there actually. Still as loco as ever :p
    I'm good man thanks for asking. Got my own clan going down in Port now. I think the last time I seen any of your clan was about 10 years ago. I ran into Denise (probably wrong again on the name) in Carlow.

Cheers for checkin' the site. Will have some footage from Lils up in a few days I'd reckon.

Jaysus small world alright.I don't think any one from Kildare actually lives there anymore :D

• Advertisement

Yup Denise is here name,shes married and living in Carlow.
    Cheers for giving me some great Kildare memories :)

Great memories of Kildare?!

Jaysis, who'd have thought it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 macguch

no

Advertisement