Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans - Yes or No??

• 25-01-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I finally got a pair and am currently regreting it! Basically I am short girl - 5"2, I am size 8/10.... 10 in the jeans. What I am worried about is the fact that the jeans may make my hips look bigger!! When I wear them with heels or boots they look great because I look lovely and tall. When however I wear them with flats I feel that they are a no no. Seeing as I want to get a good wear of them and that I'd like to wear them to school...I have to wear flats... Because 12 hours in heels/high boots not fun! So my question is after all that ramble is....Can short girls pull of skinny jeans and Do you think I should bring them back? Much appreciate all your help! :D thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

i think that you should ask someone about the whole flat thing when they can see you wearing them, unless you want to send a pic & i'd say def keep them! wear them out or anywhere really!! i know you say that you want to get a good wear out of them but that doesnt mean that you have to wear them everyday!, it wil make them more special & probably make you feel better in them if you only wear them when going out, out for dinner or even into town because you dont have them on every day in school!!

well thats my opinion anyway, do what you like with it!!
    ~PlayGirl :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i think skinny jeans look terrible on girls with short legs! im 5'2/3 and size 8/10 and i cant wear them at all they look ridiculous-make me look shorter than i am and just...stubby! id say they would look fantastic with heels but i was never one for the whole jeans+heels thing anyway. go for bootleg cut or a very slight flare. keep them to wear on nights out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think bootcut jeans definitely look better... I'm 5'6, and a curvy size 14. Skinny jeans on me would look horrendous. Bootcut jeans worn with heels flatter my figure much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I hate the whole skinny jeans thing that is going on at the moment!! They are so unflattering and just plain nasty!!

Long live the bootcut :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

misswex wrote:
    I hate the whole skinny jeans thing that is going on at the moment!! They are so unflattering and just plain nasty!!

Long live the bootcut :)

completely agree, this skinny jeans thing doesn't look good on anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Skinny jeans look great on skinny people with no buts!!!! hehe!! If you have a big bum don't wear them... bigest fashion disaster!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

with being that height flats are out of the question really

im 5 ft 5 and a 12-14, i only wear bootcut jeans as i have an ass and hips, which i dont have a problem with, its just i wouldnt go near skinny jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In my viewpoint skinny jeans are up there with ski pants and cullottes as some of the biggest fashion travesties! Expecially when you're short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Thanks everyone for all your advice! I am going to save them for nights out! Also I could wear a dressy type jumper over d jeans to cover d old hips but still look hot! Thanks for the help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I think they're nice and I wear them! I want to get white ones!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i hate skinny jeans and personally dont think that they look good on anyone tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Actually, they look good on rail-thin hot Asian guys. But that's about all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I'm 5'3 an a size 12. I thought skinny jeans would look horrendous on me but I decided to try them on anyway. Turns out they are actually quite flattering. I wear mine with boots or pumps. Gotta be careful what top I wear. Vests and sleevless tops make my hips look bigger when I'm wearing the jeans.
    If u don't feel comfortable wearin them with flats, don't! Although ask a friend or someone who's judgement you trust what they think!

Yeah they look hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

d4gurl wrote:
    When I wear them with heels or boots they look great because I look lovely and tall.

You're 5'2 so you're never going to look tall to any guy...ever. No matter how skinny your jeans are. If anything I'd say they draw attention to your height as opposed to skirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Ah here now, I'm tall I tried them on in Topshop and I jsut looked ridiculous, there was just too much leg!!
    Basically if you're worried about not pulling them off(hehe excuse the pun) you will not be able too and you won' get away with them,
    My friend who's shorter than me looks really cool in hers.
    It's not about the height it's just whether you can get away with them.

Btw- big asses in skinny jeans-travesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yes they can look very hot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

skinny jeans are a definite yes imo!! I love mine to bits. I'm 5,4 size 12 and my legs arent very long and i think i pull them off [well i hope so anyway]. I know what you mean about flats though sometimes depending on the pair they can make a person look squatty ...if thats even a word...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

skinny jeans......only some can pull it off, it either looks great or horrendous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Scraggs wrote:
    skinny jeans are a definite yes imo!! I and i think i pull them off .

Hey, if you need someone to pull them off...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

^should have expected that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Scraggs wrote:
    ^should have expected that!

Yeah....nipplenuts, king of the bleedin obvious......sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

nipplenuts wrote:
    Hey, if you need someone to pull them off...............

I think we need to ban that joke from this forum...

Advertisement