Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP firmware, whats the story?

• 25-01-2006 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what the difference is with the firmware on the PSP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Happy reading :)

firmware_capability_chart_fullsize.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

So I take it that 2.6 is the best?

If you are buying a new PSP, how do you know the firmware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

where that says location free tv does that mean picking up tv with its wireless connection or am i being too hopeful.

Wait, are we talking PSP or PS2? Thread title says PSP, but that's twice you've asked about the PS2.

4Xcut wrote:
    where that says location free tv does that mean picking up tv with its wireless connection or am i being too hopeful.

Afaik, and I think that it's a subscribtion service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

2.0 is the best, you can have AVC video, and play most games, and you can still downgrade at the end of the day, to play homebrew and emulators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

4Xcut wrote:

Yes, but you need a Sony LocationFree "base station" to make it work. You hook up the playstation at home, and then via the internet you can watch whatever your TV can show you at home, on your PSP. So when you go on holidays, for example, you could tune into TV at home as long as there's a wifi connection nearby.

The base station is here:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=LFPK1&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_LocationFreeTVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

qz wrote:
    Wait, are we talking PSP or PS2? Thread title says PSP, but that's twice you've asked about the PS2.

Sorry, PSP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rfoley

Re: the LocationFree player

"Requires... a broadband connection with a minimum of 300 kbps of uplink/downlink speed..."

It's a bit of a balls that you need an uplink that fast - I would've considered getting one only for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I reckon the PS3 will act as the base station chiefs (the actual correct plural of chief on a playstation forum? I'm mad!). Talk about upgrade incentive ;) Also, only a matter of time before most BB hits 300 kbps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

hmm,
    So how do I find out what firmware I've got before buying?
    Or is it pot luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check the box codes, if it ends in G = firmware 2.01 - higher letters = higher firmware versions. Roughly. There's a far more in depth guide to this around, search this forum.
    I doubt you can still get new 1.5psp's any more.

Advertisement