Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"urban cowboys"

Options
  • 25-01-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Is there anypne here linked to the pony that was put down in tallaght a few days ago due to being pretty much ridden to death? If so come forward and explain yourselves as all ye are is just pure scum!:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I highly doubt that if anyone here was connected that they would come forward! I agree with you that they were scum alright, they obviously have very low intelligance, probably can't use computers or even read, they'd have to be that ignorant to do something so cruel.

I once had a pony stolen on me by simialar people, Beauty was her name, gorgeous dapple grey conamara pony. She was heavily pregnant at the time and therefor had her shoes removed. They rode her up and down the Finglas duel carraigeway until her hooves split, they used a piece of rope for a bit and split the sides of her mouth, and when she couldn't run anymore they sliced in between her ribs with a blade (she wasn't skinny but her pregnant stomach was pulling the skin down so her ribs were protruding).

When we found her she was just a wreck, barely clinging to life. I was sickened and to this day I swear if I ever found out who did that to her I would do worse to them!

She was stiched back up and kept in a warm stable but unfortunately she died a week later, she split her stiches while foaling. The foal survived and was adopted out to a friend of ours who, i'm not sure if luckily is the right word to use here, but her mare gave birth to a still born foal on the same day that Beauty died.

I just dont understand how people can be so cruel. It breaks my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thats heartbreaking Shelli. I'd want to murder anyone who did that to an animal of mine. Sometimes I just dont understand people.

Does anyone have a link to the Tallaght story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Shelli wrote:
    I highly doubt that if anyone here was connected that they would come forward! I agree with you that they were scum alright, they obviously have very low intelligance, probably can't use computers or even read, they'd have to be that ignorant to do something so cruel.

I once had a pony stolen on me by simialar people, Beauty was her name, gorgeous dapple grey conamara pony. She was heavily pregnant at the time and therefor had her shoes removed. They rode her up and down the Finglas duel carraigeway until her hooves split, they used a piece of rope for a bit and split the sides of her mouth, and when she couldn't run anymore they sliced in between her ribs with a blade (she wasn't skinny but her pregnant stomach was pulling the skin down so her ribs were protruding).

When we found her she was just a wreck, barely clinging to life. I was sickened and to this day I swear if I ever found out who did that to her I would do worse to them!

She was stiched back up and kept in a warm stable but unfortunately she died a week later, she split her stiches while foaling. The foal survived and was adopted out to a friend of ours who, i'm not sure if luckily is the right word to use here, but her mare gave birth to a still born foal on the same day that Beauty died.

I just dont understand how people can be so cruel. It breaks my heart.
    That's ****ing horrific, I could barely finish reading your post out of shock and anger that anybody could be capable of such indescribable cruelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭skink

fits wrote:
    Thats heartbreaking Shelli. I'd want to murder anyone who did that to an animal of mine. Sometimes I just dont understand people.

Does anyone have a link to the Tallaght story?

I don't think it even made the papers [statement retracted and apologies made, sorry for any offence caused]

skink wrote:
    I don't think it even made the papers, it sickens me though that the minister for agriculture can allow ten million to go for the building of a riding centre in ballymun, when the scum do things like to the horses, i think there should be a ban on them owning horses....

Now hang on a minute, there's several things wrong with that statement.

Firstly all of the people in Ballymun that own horses that I know of are horse lovers and take very good care of thier animals. Its not fair to assume that because people come from a certain area makes them 'scum'

Secondly, if the center is there for the people of Ballymun to stable the horses, their health and well being can be monitored.

And nobody has the right to ban anyone from owning any animal, sure there should be restriction put in place and legislation to back them up.

I come from Finglas, and as such have had things like this said to me before, it was about 13 years ago that I owned my last pony and that was Beauty, we owned our own field in finglas and had our own stable, we have no idea who the people were who stole out pony nor can we assume that we know what area they came from.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but what your saying sounds like pure snobbery!

• Advertisement

OK i apologise if came across as a snob and for the generalisation i made, i was wrong ok, but i have a big problem with people keeping horses in the city, ok maybe this ballymun centre will be for the better, but i was on the scene of that pony, and it filled me full of rage, and ok lets put it this way, they should open up a pound like the one which was run in saggart and take all ponies/horses from the common ares in estates etc. if the person owning them cannot provide it sufficent care, and so i am not labelling anyone in particularthis should go for all horse owners, it would never happen but it would be nice if it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

In realation to the first post, it was a group of travllers. Before the do gooders jump on my back i am certain it was them as i saw the horse with them on top the few days before it was put down.

skink wrote:
    OK i apologise if came across as a snob and for the generalisation i made, i was wrong ok, but i have a big problem with people keeping horses in the city, ok maybe this ballymun centre will be for the better, but i was on the scene of that pony, and it filled me full of rage, and ok lets put it this way, they should open up a pound like the one which was run in saggart and take all ponies/horses from the common ares in estates etc. if the person owning them cannot provide it sufficent care, and so i am not labelling anyone in particularthis should go for all horse owners, it would never happen but it would be nice if it did.

OK, I see your point and I do agree with you on the pound thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Jesus Shelli that's horrific! I didn't hear about the pony in Tallaght, but I did hear a similar thing happen in England. Two little ponies were starved to death -- poor things were skin and bone when they were found. I jut can't understand people who do things like this.

Are they investigating what happened in Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

There was a story in the paper a while back of a horse being ridden to death on a beach. You know how hard sand is to run on? Well a group of lads took it in turns to gallop the poor thing up and down the beach (if he was even given anything to drink it was probably sea water which would have dehydrated him) until he had a heart attack and died.

• Advertisement

Are they investigating what happened in Tallaght?

I doubt it, i could go into details of my involvement, but i would prefer to remain annonymous for now, but anyway at the scene there was a huge crowd, 80 or so, no one knew anything, there was alot of hassle given from the crowd aswell, and with a number og gardai being on the scene, in cases like this there is no paper work for the horse and it is untraceable, and as i said everyone plays dumb on the subject, but from the state of the horse, which could not even stand i'd say the cruelty had been going on for at least a week.

F*** sake, the people staying quiet are almost as bad as those inflicting the pain on that poor animal. A**holes, the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Shelli, words escape me.
    This kind of behaviour utterly astounds and sickens me, and the lack of recourse baffles me.

Advertisement