Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB down in d15

• 25-01-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Same old story different day.......:mad:

Come on ntl wake up.... customers a beggin here....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No issues here, in Dublin 15 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

ciaranfo wrote:
    No issues here, in Dublin 15 myself.

Ditto; ballycoolin mast, no problems.

And as has been pointed out on numerous occasions before, Dublin 15 is a big place. IBB have three masts out here - clonsilla, atrium & ballycoolin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,011 ✭✭✭✭Stark

All's fine here on the Ballycoolin mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm on BallyC afaik :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

Atrium mast here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Clonsilla mast, 2mb line - had a big slow down today, and terrible trouble with their customer service.
    After a half hour on hold the C.S. dude tells me to disconnect my router and plug straight into the radio, so I grab a laptop and hook it up. He tells me this is because other users (in my home) might be using up your bandwidth... even though I told him I was the only one online.
    Then he gets me to reboot my machine after turning off all start up processes in msconfig, this is to make sure no spyware is on affecting my bandwidth - to which I told him I run daily spyware and adware removal programs, including Ad-Aware and Spybot S+D. He says these two are probably conflicting and 'causing problems. HELLO this isn't Norton and MacAfee here!
    He then sends me to u.tv/speedtest (wtf?) to test my speed. I get 76kbits/s (a tad faster than ISDN)... after which he mumbles and shuts up for 20 odd minutes leaving me there twiddling my thumbs. I got fed up and asked him can anything be done about it now and he mumbles and shuts up... 10 minutes more of this and I get "disconnected". ARGH!

Advertisement