Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next food biggie!!

Options
  • 25-01-2006 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Have had a suggestion that the next big foodie thing will be Spanish style Tapas bars, what do you think? any other suggestions for great food?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

a good seafood place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Maybe you should try posting in the Food/Drink forum,

I'd say a mexican fast food joint might work, well thats what I'd like anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Have had a suggestion that the next big foodie thing will be Spanish style Tapas bars, what do you think? any other suggestions for great food?

There's one in Cork on Bridge Street.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

There's a new place opening in O Connell St near the Wo King called 'The Mexican'. Not sure if it's gonna be a takeaway or proper restaurant type place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Limerick needs a Mongolian restaraunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

sioda wrote:
    Limerick needs a Mongolian restaraunt

What kind of dishes are cooked in a Mongolian restaurant?
    Sounds very very different.....kid/dog hotpot or barbeque comes to mind?
    Please ......more info.

Most of the mongolian food joints I have been to have been fast food ish places. You pay €5 for example and gets you an empty bowl and then any all the meat is there add it to the bowls and all the veg you want then chilli garlic etc. Then you hand the bowl to the dude behind the counter and he throws it on a big flat cooking surface cooks it all in front of you with a bit of soy sauce then once its cooked he puts it into a container and serves it to you and it is always delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

Definitely sounds different....Where have you found these restauants and what kind of drink is served with the food?..would like to try some if they are in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sioda wrote:
    Most of the mongolian food joints I have been to have been fast food ish places. You pay €5 for example and gets you an empty bowl and then any all the meat is there add it to the bowls and all the veg you want then chilli garlic etc. Then you hand the bowl to the dude behind the counter and he throws it on a big flat cooking surface cooks it all in front of you with a bit of soy sauce then once its cooked he puts it into a container and serves it to you and it is always delicious

Definately agree on this, I was is a Mongolian restaurant near Temple Bar in Dublin last year. Basically all you can eat for €25 type buffet, as described above, you choose the food you want from a kind of salad type bar including, veg, meat and a variety of spices and sauces, you hand it to the chief over the counter he cooks it on a flat cooking surface in front of you. You then put it in some pitta bread, the good thing is you can try various types so you don't have to eat the same thing twice. The staff there were also very nice and friendly.

I think it would go down a hit here, definately different from your normal restaurant anyway.

Yeah the place in Templebar is lovely been there a few times gotta go there hungry to really take advantage though but there aint many better words than all you can eat.

Beer wise in the places i have been its usually ordinary Heino or the like or the odd time tiger beer which is good

• Advertisement
Advertisement