Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bittorrent problem :confused:

Options
  • 25-01-2006 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

In ABC, when downloading torrents with reasonable seeds, speeds are terrible. I get errors saying the tracker couldn't communicate with the port which would cause slow dl speeds. I tried an online port tester and it says the port is closed. I added an exception to windows firewall, disabled norton internet security firewall (couldn't figure out how to add exceptions) and opened the port on my BB modem/router (eircom Netopia 3341) by adding a pinhole in expert mode. This improved speeds for a while but I later got the error saying the tracker couldn't communicate with the port which would cause slow dl speeds. I tried the online port tester again but it says that is closed. I tried this with a few ports (6881 and other random ones which I added in the settings in my client [ABC]).Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

change from uPnP to specified port - go through the previous steps (adding firewall exceptions)..?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Thanks, but where? The modem gateway (192.168.1.254) or the firewall? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

in the client - depends on the client tbh. (i'm not familiar with many)
    (don't use uPnP, or turn off Random Port setting)
    the aim is to limit the ports used. then apply restrctions to suit on your computers firewalls and the router's (pinholes)..

Advertisement