Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This house would rather iron it's ****s than go to trinity?

Options
  • 26-01-2006 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Wow that's something UCD, that's really something.

How about this person woldn't go to a college that spent millions of euro changing it's crest to add in UCD, DUBLIN the stupidest thing I ever heard.

However, i found the UCD night out I was at the people were pretty cool (cooler if you will).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

You sound suprised...In fairness, it was probably easier to communicate with people who didn't wear a scarf constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree. It's pointless to even debate the notion of going to Trinity when that college is for losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

/Enter Agent Smith with some bitchy comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

we don't like dickface brady any more than you do... feckin trinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

You people really need to concentrate on yourselves rather than bitch about Trinity. It's really so, so sad.
    I agree. It's pointless to even debate the notion of going to Trinity when that college is for losers.
    As is a thread bitching about same on another university's forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

Trinity isn't that bad! Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal UCD(D) student and if we were to go to war with Trinity I'd be the first off the boat! I just think there's this needless rivalry, which is pointless. Funny, but pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

You're not going to get much reaction from any of us. Make fun of us all you like. We like our college and you like yours. Get over the petty rivalry thing. It's childish. At least we don't rip it out of yous every time we get a chance.

europerson wrote:
    You people really need to concentrate on yourselves rather than bitch about Trinity. It's really so, so sad.

We do concentrate on ourselves. It's just we also like to give our British neighbours a little friendly advice...

We do concentrate on ourselves. It's just we also like to give our British neighbours a little friendly advice...

Ho ho low blow! That aint gona fly too well with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

youre on gamefaqs arent you bart.

• Advertisement

Perhaps you ought to listen to your British neighbours(?). They've been doing things better for a lot longer than you have. I fail to see where UCD can offer TCD advice. Do enlighten us.

Why are trinners students even posting in the UCD forum? Stay in your own boring forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

This is all from the colours debate.... which is when UCD and Trinity get together and rip the piss out of each other. It wasnt a real debate where UCD students sat around giving out about Trinity.

So it was all a bit of a laugh... who cares!!!

pimpy_c wrote:
    Why are trinners students even posting in the UCD forum? Stay in your own boring forum!
    We like to broaden our perspectives on life (in its various forms).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Your just jealous that our forum is better and more active than yours! :p

Oh no you didn't. You can't tar all trinity students with the same brush. I for one, am probably the most anti-trinity student ever if that's how you tend to see us. I'm so far from a west brit, that i'm well, i was gonna say east brit but that's wrong too).
    Put it this way. I'm here studying Irish and I have no interest in monarchies or empires or any of that nonsense. And you're right, people like that probably do end up in trinity (see below) but I have nothing to do with them.
    europerson wrote:
    Perhaps you ought to listen to your British neighbours(?). They've been doing things better for a lot longer than you have. I fail to see where UCD can offer TCD advice. Do enlighten us.
    Britain have never done anything better than Ireland have EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Could the Trinity lurkers please shut up and take a joke.

I can take a joke, I just don't see how we deserve all this. You don't see us slagging yous at all. In fact some people from UCD are very nice altogether. Some.

europerson wrote:
    Perhaps you ought to listen to your British neighbours(?). They've been doing things better for a lot longer than you have.

No thanks. We're quite proud of being an Irish college. Thanks anyway.
    europerson wrote:
    I fail to see where UCD can offer TCD advice. Do enlighten us.

Haven't you contradicted yourself here? Oh you silly Triners. LOL.
    europerson wrote:
    We like to broaden our perspectives on life (in its various forms).

Actually that's true. Rumour has it that Trinity's student centre now plays Rule Britannia instead of God Save The Queen.

Such tolerance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Actually that's true. Rumour has it that Trinity's student centre now plays Rule Britannia instead of God Save The Queen.

ha joke is on you. we dont even have a student centre. nigs!
    ah damn it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

whats the deal with this rivalry anyway?

I have mates in trinity and they are sound.

Fair enough, most trinity students have a bit of an inferiority complex around us ucd students, but hey, who doesnt? lol!

Vic Mackey wrote:
    whats the deal with this rivalry anyway?

Basically Trinners don't like how we're superior to them in every way.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Oirish! Yee-ah! Fuhkin Brits out. Fuhkin pucheen (poitín)!

/Other insults pertaining to the fact that English people once lived here en masse.

Meh, you're jealous of all our statutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

pssh statues.... sculptures are so hot right now

When I said statutes, I meant statutes!

You know where John Henry Newman was born, right?

And viva to the 21st of February!

EduMyth wrote:
    You know where John Henry Newman was born, right?

And viva to the 21st of February!

Your point being?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

This is so OLD already! This thread isn't funny, all I can see is needless rivalry being perpetuated under the guise of humour for the friggin sake of it. Sheesh!

Anyway, at least UCD students earn their masters :D . Gosh, Ivana Bacik did a really good job on The Panel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

Blush_01 wrote:

Anyway, at least UCD students earn their masters :D .

lol! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement