Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Is It When You Go To The Bt Ireland Website Its Like Looking For A Needle In A Ha

• 26-01-2006 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

What's the big deal with BT Ireland. I have BB plus but eircom line so I never get an email about anything. I went on that chat thingy and for every question I asked I was given a tel no to ring!!!! What is the matter with them? I asked could I register and was told yes but when you try to it asks for an account number and as I dont have the telephone with them I dont have an account number. I asked if the upload speeds had changed, told to ring sales, asked why it was not posted on the website, no reply.

When you go to the website it is an almighty task to find the relevant info.

The ironic thing is I worked for BT in the UK and never found it this bad. As soon as SMART gets to where I am I am dumping both Eircom and BT out of sheer spite.

Why cant they just revert back to the KISS principle and not make the whole exercise of getting information like pulling teeth. The information age - don't make me laugh. If BT UK is going the same way I am not surprised the share price is falling.

Without this board I would be lost so many thanks to one and all.

gb--

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Their website is ****e. The online chat people would fail the Turing test. I'm convinced it's a bot programmed to tell people to dial 1904.

It's a shame. They have a good core product/price combi but let themselves down with the presentation & billing.

However I was a happy customer for 6 months until NTL arrived in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

GBCULLEN wrote:
    As soon as SMART gets to where I am I am dumping both Eircom and BT out of sheer spite.
    Ditto.
    I don't care if Smart are worse... not giving those bastards any more of my money.

FYI, I went through this same crap with the account number... I got onto the web-chat (CRAP) and had some braindead monkey instruct me to email their support department... then if you email their support, about 2 weeks later you'll get an email back asking for your phone number, at which point they'll (apparently) dig up your account/customer number.
    I say apparently because I couldn't be bothered my arse and got fed up with the whole emailing support thing.
    Funnily enough, I recently came across an old letter from them with the magic number in the header... it seems the quickest way to get your customer account number from BT is to stop paying your direct debit for a few days. :rolleyes:

Ireland needs more spiteful consumers tbh, run these lazy shíte-hawks out of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

So I'm not the only one who thinks the Esat BT website is a disaster. :( yes it's terrible and I avoid it whenever I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

GBCULLEN wrote:
    I asked could I register and was told yes but when you try to it asks for an account number and as I dont have the telephone with them I dont have an account number.
    You'll still have a customer account number for your broadband. If you can get through to customer support then they should be able to give it to you. Also, it'll be written on any letter from BT regarding your account. Since they don't issue a paper bill for broadband though, there may not be many of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Sarsfield wrote:
    The online chat people would fail the Turing test.

:D funny and true of a lot of other sites too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

comet wrote:
    :D funny and true of a lot of other sites too!

But the BT one is apparently a human. A human failing the Turing test would be bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

LOL@turing test.
    paulm17781 wrote:
    But the BT one is apparently a human.

Apparantly. ;)

"I am sorry, but I do not have that information available to me. Please phone the customer service helpline on 1904".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

conversation agent :D

Moral of the story, any bt issues dont go to BT, come here instead, count boards as a way better Human knowledge base ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

paulm17781 wrote:
    But the BT one is apparently a human. A human failing the Turing test would be bad.
    Yes I think that was the whole point of his joke!! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I've got to admit I have a major dislike for that website too. I can never find anything on it. I can't even figure out a list of the products they offer or the prices they charge for phone calls etc. It frustrates me everytime I see that page - I have the urge to close it almost instantly.

It's not a bad or ugly page but it's incredibly unclear where things are (like the new irishrail website - but at least they have a very full sitemap). Bad site, bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Advertisement