Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwich

• 26-01-2006 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Bread. Chocolate Spread. Tayto Cheese and Onion.

Do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

cheese and onion on the bread too thats just wrong...but its not early in the day so all is excused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I love crisps (cheese and onion) in a sambo with ham!!! YYYYuuuummmmm!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Muckmagnet

meanies on batch bread ....thats taking it to the next level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I used to eat a sandwich every friday with just bread, lotsa butter and salt and vinegar crisps. Lovely. Some cheese optional but still great, espec with some mayo added in.

Dunno about Choc spread and crisps together though....but I'd admit it has potential! Crunchy, yet chocolaty....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

fairy bread!!!!! gotta try and find sprinkles tomorrow :) Got a party to go to!

• Advertisement

daiixi wrote:
    fairy bread!!!!! gotta try and find sprinkles tomorrow :) Got a party to go to!

Oh wow, now that's something I haven't eaten since I was about ten! I really must make an effort to making these fantastic creations once more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

fade2black wrote:
    Bread. Chocolate Spread. Tayto Cheese and Onion.

Do it.

Are you high or suffering some weird genetic taste bud deformatiy?

I only ask in the interest of science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bread, hunky dorys cheese and onion. end. in fact i think i'll make one now

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

memphis wrote:
    I love crisps (cheese and onion) in a sambo with ham!!! YYYYuuuummmmm!!!

Yeah I would have to agree with this one...

By the way, if you think any of these combos are bad, I know a guy who ate the following once and enjoyed it:

Toasted sandwich with: Ham, Ketchup, Nutella, Shreddies (yes, the cereal!!) and some other bits and pieces. All sealed into the sandwich. Together. :eek:

Ugh. He actuall posts on boards...this sick individual...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just tried it. I wanted to like it, but, meh. I think I may have used too much chocolate spread tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

cheese and onion crisps and coleslaw... yummidy!

on an unrelated matter... cornflakes and dry roasted peanuts

caimin wrote:
    ok, in the interest of science, I'm gonna try this.

I'm gonna use:
    Nutella Hazlenut chocolate spread
    King Cheese and Onion (don't have tayto, and I'm aware of the subtle differences)
    Brennans Bread.

Right, I'm off to make it now. brb.

don't forget to tell us how many crisps you used, how much spread, etc, wouldn't want the crisps being smothered by the chocolate or vice versa!

I'd try it myself, only:

No choc spread, or crisps. Although I do have Doritos, and Marmalade....

....no, I'll give it a miss tonight :D

HavoK wrote:
    don't forget to tell us how many crisps you used, how much spread, etc, wouldn't want the crisps being smothered by the chocolate or vice versa!

I'd try it myself, only:

No choc spread, or crisps. Although I do have Doritos, and Marmalade....

....no, I'll give it a miss tonight :D

its a pity I didn't read your advice first havok, too much choc. smothered the taste of the crisps, but there you go.
    See I figured a lot of people wouldn't have all the neccessaries, so I wanted to give ye a chance to experience through me! :D did you used to be mobileinfantry btw?

The very one and only :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trisha

Guys u gotta get away from the crisps. Try some peanut butter and jam in a toasted sandwich.

My boyfriend introduced me to it and its real good. Hits the spot, i tells ya!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nah, can't beat a sambo with a load of King Cheese & Onion crisps with mayonnaise on top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

lads how do ye consume crips with bread with additional toppings..yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Relish,Black pudding, medium-fried egg,hash-browns, bread toasted on one side.2000% RDA of protein and cholesterol.Can I still get shrooms? When does this LAW come into place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Im gonna stick with the salad cream sambo (with milk) for the moment

• Advertisement

two eggs, two sausage, two rashers two bacon, two pudding one black one white.:p

caimin wrote:
    two eggs, two sausage, two rashers two bacon, two pudding one black one white.:p

I have to say the feckin thing is really growing on me....seems to be on every single moring on the way to work, within a few days I had slowly crept from hating it to liking it...!

me too! I think it's released as a single today. Wonder if it'll be a studio version, or the one they are playing at the moment.

http://spailpin.blogspot.com/2006/01/jumbo-breakfast-roll.html

Some song that isn't it? Heard it on the Late Late show there a few weeks back!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Those freaky sandwiches at the start are lovely!!!!
    mmm!
    Think i'm gonna keep making new types of sandwich, lovely stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

peanut butter nad melted cheese on toast

nutella and bananas on toast (this one reallyy rocks if you cut the bananas thin)

popcorn and ham sangitch

Tree wrote:
    popcorn and ham sangitch

Popcorn and Minstrels really work well together!!!

memphis wrote:
    Popcorn and Minstrels really work well together!!!

Definately. Used to be my tradition when going to the cinema....until I gave up both, now its either one or the other....such a connundrum! The rich chocolate taste, or the salty delicious popcorn.....

It's always the toughest decision of my week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Weirdest sandwich I ever heard of was what my Grandad eats - apple sandwiches. Never tasted them but he says they're lovely.

Tree, Popcorn and ham are you taking the p*ss??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

nope, at lunch we'd put what ever crispy thing we had into waht ever sandwich was lying about

toasted apple and cheese are supposed to be nice but i hate apple, they tlel me the secret is to finely slice the apple

Advertisement