Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X1 - Rocky Took a Lover Acoustic

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

I heard the acoustic version of Rocky Took a Lover by Bell X1 today on TodayFM for the second time. Rather good in my most humble opinion. Anyway for those out there who dont want to use ITunes to hear/get it, you can use Media Player (or some other MP3'er but I have'nt tested them) by opening the following URL:

(By the way Today FM allow you to go to iTunes to get this so AFAIK its legal to do so)

http://audio.todayfm.com/audio/22_11bell.mp3

IF you dont want the preceeding Waffle then goto 6 minutes & 7 seconds.

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

todayfm seem to be the best station for releasing free versions of their live music

if only they'd release the live version that was done of the blowers daugher on pet sounds - it was sung by a woman - any one know who did the cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Its really a great version isnt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MiCr0 wrote:
    todayfm seem to be the best station for releasing free versions of their live music
    Agreed..!

Ray d'Arcy had on one of Damien Rice's cellists on and she sang a phenomenal version of Joe Cocker's "Summer In The City"

- anyone remember her name?!

EDIT: Never mind.. found her name by typing "cellist with Damien Rice" into Google. Her name's Vyviene Long - fantastic voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Yep, she's great. She was on the first show of Other Voices during the week. Does a great version of Seven Nation Army as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I like that version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

I got the MP3 and found a freeware MP3 ripper that allowed me to "lose" the interview at the start....

cool version allright..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

Anyone know where one could find help to learn to play this fantastic version of this song???? :confused::):)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

deepspeed wrote:
    Anyone know where one could find help to learn to play this fantastic version of this song???? :confused::):)

Bump Bump! Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

from what i can tell its just G & C the whole way through with the intro like this:

e--3----3---
    B
    3---1-
    G

i could be amazingly wrong though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

something always annoys me about Bell X1, I mean I know even the band pronounce it Bell X One, but shouldn't it be Bell Eleven, ye know cause of roman numerals, im sure thats what they meant it as but people just got it wrong and the name stuck. Bell Eleven sounds alot better, well I think it deos anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

slipss wrote:
    something always annoys me about Bell X1, I mean I know even the band pronounce it Bell X One, but shouldn't it be Bell Eleven, ye know cause of roman numerals, im sure thats what they meant it as but people just got it wrong and the name stuck. Bell Eleven sounds alot better, well I think it deos anyways.

Surely if it were Bell XI it would be bell 11, Bell X1 is just Bell X 1! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

slipss wrote:

BellX1 took their name from the first spaceship to break the sound barrier. Surely if it was Roman numerals it would be an I rather than a 1. It's hardly a big deal anyway.
    While im talking about BellX1, I saw a review in Q that slated Flock (Fair enough i don't like it that much either) but in the same magazine there was an ad for Flock with a one liner from Q that was very complimentory (taken from a previous review totally unrelated to Flock). I think its bullsh!t that BellX1 or their management decided to use an unrelated quote to boost the profile of Flock.

Yeah...there's a letter in the latest issue asking about that quote. The reply is that the management (or advertisers, at least) attributed someone else's quote to them, obviously because Q readers trust Q more.

That's horrible! Surely Q proofread stuff like that though?!

(I think Q should be boycotted though...it was always a crappy, MOR, a-year-behind-everyone-else magazine but if you've seen the Q TV channel recently, they must've been bought out by FHM..."top 100 sexiest videos and the like" :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

cool version any more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

< SNIP >

full of bootlegs

EDIT: I know bootlegs aren't frowned upon as much as actual licensed music, but can't be making exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

btw Damien Rice's cellist is called Vyvienne Long, and she is fabulous.

does a great version of Purple Haze, and the Beatle's Come Together too.
    and Rufus Wainwrights "Vibrate".

shes so damn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Do todayfm keep all their acoustic sessions on their website? I couldn't find anywhere on their site to work out where you got that link from, was looking to find some other ones because their often very good.

Advertisement