Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Delimiter

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

A friend of mine was telling me that i could get a device attached to the back of my clocks that would convert the Kph to mph on my speedo and therefore i wouldnt hit the limiter(180 kph)...has anyone heard of this or is he talking through his ar$e?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Only device i know of is an apexi rsm

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics_detail.asp?id=199&pageNum=1

Is your car going asmathic at 180km to suggest its limited or what exactlys happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Na its not going asmathic its jap scrap so is limited like all the rest...it just bounces at 180...thanks for the advice il check one of them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

There's a difference between converting the clocks and delimiting the speed. A delimiter tells the car not not mind the 180 limit, converting the clocks to mph just means the limiter will come in att 112.5 mph, same as 180kmh, the clock will just be readin 112.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Con_316 wrote:
    There's a difference between converting the clocks and delimiting the speed. A delimiter tells the car not not mind the 180 limit, converting the clocks to mph just means the limiter will come in att 112.5 mph, same as 180kmh, the clock will just be readin 112.5.

so it will still be limited.....im gonna get one of those apexi things..no where i can get one in ireland..preferaby dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Tuningfactory may stock them,becarefull if you buy online,they can be cheaper but theres alot of fake apexi stuff on the market

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

toffeapple wrote:
    so it will still be limited.....im gonna get one of those apexi things..no where i can get one in ireland..preferaby dublin

Yes it would. the apexi delimiter would work, as it actuallt removes the limit, rather than just converting the readind on the speedo you get when you're on the limit.

Try this. These guys are in waterford. maybe a bit far from you but they're wicked. See link below. I've travelled up from limerick to go to them before. They got some nice sponsored drift cars (corolla gt's, check them out at a D1 meeting)
    www.xtremeautos.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

i could delimit it for you if you personal message me your details and the cars details year model etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why bother? I'd have mine get to 99mph if I could. Your just going to loose your licence if you get caught at anything faster...

Advertisement