Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurers who will insure me for less that a year

Options
  • 26-01-2006 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

My insurance policy runs out on my car near the end of June. I could insure it for another year, but given that I may be going to London in September, there would be no point. Quinn Direct have told me that they won't extend my polict for another three months, only for a year, so theyre no use to me. I'll likely be selling my car in September when I go.

Does anyone here know anyone who will insure me for a period of about three months ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You'll get a pro rata refund, less some administration costs if you take out insurance and cancel the policy before the end of the year. Alternatively, if you're likely to be back before the year is out, just put a pause on the insurance and reinstate it when you come back, you'll get the pro rata refund too but you'll also build your NCB.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How long are you going away for and will you be driving when away?
    Some insurance companies will not recognise your NCB if you have not been driving in the(IIRC) previous six months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Renew and pay monthly? Cancel when no longer needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

thanks for the replies,

ill look into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

How long are you going for? Could you bring the car with you? This may not hold for you, but my insurance here is probably cheaper than it would be in the UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement