Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound on left channel only on 4kus recorder

• 26-01-2006 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I posted this on avforums too (in case anyone notices)

So I bought a 4kus recorder from Amazon. Cheap certainly, but it was a rebadged Liteon (possibly equivalent to a 5002 or 5005) that has lots of good reviews. I was prepared for some glitches, but this one has me stumped and considering sending it back.

I connect the TV out RGB from a Sky digibox into the RGB SCART in on the DVD recorder. Seems to record fine (and pass-through seems fine too). It plays back fine on both speakers. However when I play it on my PC there's only audio on the left channel.

I tried on a second PC and get sound on left channel only. Then I tried on a second DVD player, and get sound from both speakers, although whether it's stereo is unknown. I assume not.

Then I move the digibox SCART into the second recorder SCART port which only does composite. Here there is 2-channel sound on the PC. Since the RGB picture is noticeably better this is not a good solution!

The final thing I need to try is replace the digibox->DVD scart cable, but this has worked perfectly on a TV for years, and it's an expensive thick cable, so it's hard to imagine a problem, especially when I'm getting stereo on the TV and the composite scart works.

Any suggestions?

Ix.

Advertisement