Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remind you of any of your lecturers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

That's really accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

Doesn't apply to most of my lecturers in fairness. I think it's a bit unfair to stereotype all lecturers like that! And never have I had a lecturer that didn't turn up without prior warning and re-arrangement of the lecture. Hell, one of my lecturers brings us in german chocolate all the time and others are pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Hasn't happened to me in UCD but has happened in DIT on a fairly regular basis. My old maths lecturer in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Most of my lecturers last semester were awesome! :D

Theresa Burke, Henry James, HUGH GOUGH!!!

Oh, and Fintan is the exact OPPOSITE of everything in that article :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

most of the elec's aren't that bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭moggie

would love to read the lecturers impressions of the students

:D:D:D:D

'tho one of those opinions had real venom in it.....guess who got failed eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Had the greatest lecturer today, sat us down and told us he wanted to have a chat with us and just chatted for 50 mins....great!

Also I've had the McDermott bros who are amazing!

Then again a certain lecturer in the law faculty conforms to some of those descriptions.....any guesses anyone!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

DaveMcG wrote:
    HUGH GOUGH!!!

That man is a legend. He has the best voice ever.

Also, if you get a chance to do an Elva Johnson elective in 2nd or 3rd year DO IT! She's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The Archaeology lecturers I've had this year have been absolute first class. Geography lecturers too (esp. Joe Brady - legend)

Sociology lecturers lets say are on the other end of the scale...... *COUGH* Stephen Mennell, Kieran Allen *COUGH* :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That man is a legend. He has the best voice ever.

Also, if you get a chance to do an Elva Johnson elective in 2nd or 3rd year DO IT! She's excellent.

Tell me about it! :D Best. Lecturer. Ever.

I had Elva Johnson last semester too, I think... She was doing a module with Henry James -- Early medieval world, I think.

She was cool, real bubbly personality! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Most of my lecturers, seminar leaders and tutors are dead on. Especially Ron Callan and T.P.Dolan... and Carmel Nolan is lovely (although she can seem a little strict). I haven't had/ don't have /won't have anyone I dislike for more than a few lectures all year. YAY! Ok, so some jokes fall a little flat, but at least they make an effort (nobody in particular in mind or anything...).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

''objectional facial hair'' that made me lol so much

All my lecturers seem dead on, occasionally a few jokes fall a bit flat but they make an effort at least.
    One lecturer i have though constantly laughs at himself really annoyingly and its as gaeilge so sometimes i wonder am i not actually understanding what he's saying and missing the joke alltogether. [turns out thats not the case]

Advertisement