Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Producer

• 26-01-2006 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Revolution for Dogs (formerly The Dogs) is planning on recording some stuff in the next while. While it was generally regarded that the demo we did last year was a piece of true genius, this time we are hoping to get some guidance... A Producer (is that a four letter word)

Do any of you have great contacts with a producer who will take our rag tag sound and turn it into an Artic Monkeys style phenomenon, or whats your theory on producers. Should you be looking for someone from a band which sounds like where your trying to get to or should it be someone who is knowledgable about music but has a very different taste?

By the way, our first demo sound like this

http://www.thedogsband.com/Download.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I would think ideally you're looking for someone who is strong on arrangements, knows the type of music you're doing well and can offer ideas to get the best out of your songs. I think getting someone in who doesn't know your style of music almost invariably leads to grief. You need to know what you want from your sessions and the producer should be the person who can help you get the results you want and maybe bring something you didn't think of too but without disregarding your original sound in the first place. A lot of engineers can help in this area, perhaps give the likes of STC or Pulse a call and ask if they have any students who fit the bill. Another alternative would be to ask someone in another band who've gotten good results in the studio before to produce but definitely get them to sit in on a rehearsal or two and see how ye get on and what they have to say about your songs before you hit the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I'd recommend a dude called Jay ... think he's on here with the name dabhoys (or is it dabhouys). I did some work with him a year or so back and he took me and an acoustic guitar, and was able to flesh it out with piano,drums,bass,and assorted instruments that never occured to me in the first place. Now a few years on my band are going into the studio with him to record an EP at the end of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

hey, I like your sound. Try asylum studios on abbey street, they're on the web. Liam and Jimmy from there have produced a few things for us(including the album in progress) and we've been very happy with the results.

Although if you're looking for someone to really dedicate themselves, like coming to gigs and rehearsals to get a real feel for your sound, you should probably get a first time producer(or shell out big bucks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

almost all bands doing well have a good website to hype themselves up, using a forum or whatever to stay in touch. You should really think of getting a new site up, it sort of looks like a free template from some site.

Like the tunes by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Thanks for the advice guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement